Undoing System Restore

I did a System Restore and then when my computer was still acting up I read
that there was a Virus that was directed at Verizon users recently. I found
the date that the suspected Verizon "virus" was possibly installed and read
the Windows XP System Restore is fully reversible. BUT that's ALL the HELP
SAYS, it NEVER, EVER says how to actually reverse it!! Does anyone know
how??? I went back to System Restore and the restore points are no longer
bolded or selectable.

And as a side note: Why do FAQ never have questions you really want
answered? LOL
--
Mich
2 answers Last reply

    Hi,

    Information on System Restore:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Mich" <mrunaway@msn.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
    >I did a System Restore and then when my computer was still acting up I read
    > that there was a Virus that was directed at Verizon users recently. I
    > found
    > the date that the suspected Verizon "virus" was possibly installed and
    > read
    > the Windows XP System Restore is fully reversible. BUT that's ALL the HELP
    > SAYS, it NEVER, EVER says how to actually reverse it!! Does anyone know
    > how??? I went back to System Restore and the restore points are no longer
    > bolded or selectable.
    >
    > And as a side note: Why do FAQ never have questions you really want
    > answered? LOL
    > --
    > Mich

    When you run System Restore to revert back to an earlier date System Restore
    creates an "Undo" point. After the Restore if you revisit System Restore you
    should see the "Undo my last change" option listed.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Mich" <mrunaway@msn.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
    >I did a System Restore and then when my computer was still acting up I read
    > that there was a Virus that was directed at Verizon users recently. I
    > found
    > the date that the suspected Verizon "virus" was possibly installed and
    > read
    > the Windows XP System Restore is fully reversible. BUT that's ALL the HELP
    > SAYS, it NEVER, EVER says how to actually reverse it!! Does anyone know
    > how??? I went back to System Restore and the restore points are no longer
    > bolded or selectable.
    >
    > And as a side note: Why do FAQ never have questions you really want
    > answered? LOL
    > --
    > Mich

Virus Microsoft Verizon System Restore Windows XP