Q6600 100% load on idle, HELPPPP

Hyder

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
hi
my q6600 is behaving very weirdly
on idle, task manager shows it at 100% load, in processes, cpu shows 80+ for explorer.exe
no i am not using it at all, there are no programs running (xcept background)
temperatures have reached about 58C
does anybody have a clue whats going on???
thx

Hyder

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
thank you
ur options seems gud but im trying to stay away from reformatting
however, i had a wireless problem a couple of days ago and wen my pc shut off, my antivirus got corrupted, 2dai it isnt scanning
i will try reinstall the antivirus and see if it is all okai
btw i restarted my pc 2 times and it is not on 100% anymore, just 2~5

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
load up task manager and goto the Processes tab see which application take up all the CPU resources. remember thr "system idle process" is not included in the CPU usage just ignore that one.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
but i think it does the better job by NOT hacking by its own company so customers will always find new virus or threats so they will have to buy a "new and improve" version. if you heard the news.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
no you got me wrong! you know those pay ones where you get like 1 year subscription and you HAD to update or you will be constantly attack by virus and hackers all of sudden!

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

They actually do that? ROFL... :na:

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
dagger trust me they DO do that, and purely for money. if the firewall software or antivirus is so secure only the creator will know the holes in it. they secretly pass those infos to hackers and sad people so they make virus and hack your computer. then you will thought "OH NO! SOMETHING IS WRONG I WILL NEED TO GET A NEW VERSION(SAY LIKE 2008 EDITION) SO I WILL BE SAFE AGAIN!"

but it doesnt mean the software is bulletproof if those "info" were kept secure. the is always going to be something new that are bound to happen everyday. but it just makes it easier and can be more accurately "timed", so you will "feel" the negative affect of an out of subscription antivirus software right or soon after it expired and you kow upgrade.