hentaiboi_

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
help i have a very good computer then one day it it crashed when i was playing a game then i restarted so i booted up to BIOS then suddenly it said "no primary IDE boot device detected" so i thought changing the SATA cables will fix the problem but no it didnt helped so when i changed it the following message appeared "no bootable files found." the particular boot media i'm using is the barracuda 500GB. i'm still determining the problem if it is the hdd, sata cable or the SATA ports on my mobo. if all else fails, i will use 2 external HDD's. actually this is the second time it happened. on that particular time i was using the raptor as the primary boot device. thanks in advance.

here are the specs of my baby:

core 2 quad Q6600 stock speed
8GB DDR 3 1333Mhz stock speed
Asus maximus extreme X38
150GB raptor (Old version)
500GB seagate barracuda 7200.11
1000w PSU
antec 900
MSI ATI 3870X2 OC edition
vista 64 bit SP2
lite on DVD burner
lite on DVD reader
floppy drive (hehehe...)

cmichael138

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2008
If both of your hard drives are SATA, then the Bios would show "No Primary IDE Boot Device Detected" unless you have an IDE optical device connected in the primary slot. Try connecting just one of the hard drives to see if it boots, then try the other if the 1st one doesn't.

hentaiboi_

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
no it does not boot yet now it evolved into a much bigger problem now it doesn't detect my SATA DVD burner anymore. it can only detect my IDE DVD reader. i have changed the sata connections into different slots also where my HDD and DVD drive are connected and nothing happened.