tourdemorph

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Hi everybody
i was looking around the web and didnt find in user manuals or forums a distinct answer .
so here is the question (situation)

my rig is
intel QC 6600 + arctic cooler pro 7
asus p5kc
ati saphire 3870hd
1 ide HD
1 SATA HD
audigy 2 zs
samsung writemaster optic drive
corsair mem
corsair power unit
all mounted on cooler master dominator case with 3 fans

during winter the mobo and cpu both worked between +- 30-40 degrees celcius with ambient temp arount 10-15 ( inside house ) now the summer have come and the ambient temp is 30+ ... i decdide to install speed fan and got the mobo says 40 ( that is ok i guess ,not that hot ) , cpu sensor on the mobo says 38 ( seems more than ok for me ) but the speed fan has the abillity to get the core temps , and there i got really scared all cores when idle are 45+ ... after 10 mins of call of duty 4 ( with video card fan working in 60% and vid card temp at around 50 degrees celcius ) the cores all jump above the 50 degrees line with flames showing in speed fan .

now i understand that the flames are simply the software way of telling you visualy that the temperature is higher than imposed for high temp alert .

but i didnt found any refrence to really how high the cpu ( cores ) are alowed to get ??? summer or winter ..( as i guess with 30 c in the ambient it will be hard to go below it )

DeafB4Dishonor

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
You complain about 50+ lol, summer temps are horrible for me, 90nm 4600+, in the winter i idled at 27-30 with a load never over 45, now I idle t 45 with a load near 60

kad

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008

Use RealTemp 2.5 it will give you the real temps and it is reliable
SpeesFan needs calibration to give you real temps
Also Core Temp will give you temps that are 10 degrees higher than real