Sign in with
Your question

Logisys PSU 650 ( Computer Randomly Shut off and restart PC)

Last response: in Components
June 22, 2008 6:00:44 PM

Hello there , I have a logisys 650 watt powersupply and just the other day on friday it started to randomly shut off and restart computer.
Now I am not sure how to go about this but I check my CPU and my core temp is 30C , HD is at 30C and system is at 28C. Yes I have controller Panel. Everything is working fine.
I also just order a video card ATI 3850HD 512MB ICEQ Turbo AGP 256bit and I have thought that it might be the cause of it but it doesn't seem to be.

I have Two +12vRails at 22A each. But I also have Four 120MM cooling fans - one outside my computer and the other are inside., another four 80 MM fans two for video card and two for the in tower for more cooling. Just need some answers here, yes I have a protected surge but that might be no good and have to buy a new one. Please help me out here

June 23, 2008 3:17:03 AM

What exactly is your question? If it is "why is my computer turning off?", then two likely possibilities are (1) your PS is broken and (2) your PS is not powerful enough. Since your PS is not a good quality PS, it's hard to say which is more likely, but either way you are probably better off just buying a decent PS. Here's a decent less-expensive PS: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
and here's a *very* nice one at a good price: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
June 8, 2009 1:30:31 AM

I bought this PS,

PC shutting down randomly, checked on new egg, one guy said to open the PS and tighten the Ground wire (it's a phillips screw). I have done it and wow .. now work like a charm, nice PS for 55$ Can.
Related resources
July 11, 2009 9:59:45 PM

I have been having the same problem, but with a logisys 575w. it worked fine for about 1 month but when i got back from vacation it started randomly shutting down after about 10-15 minutes. I can hear a spark or something snapping every time, but it is not too hot.
I have an AMD phenom2 @3.2 Ghz
Radeon 4870
Caviar 500gb HDD
the 4870 runs at about 66 degrees C, but from what I hear thats about normal so I am hoping that its not the PSU, but ill try using a different one
a c 144 ) Power supply
July 12, 2009 7:10:57 PM

All of your fans together probably do not pull 2 amps.

Define "shuts down randomly". Is it truly random. Is it only during gaming? Makes a difference.

Your power supply is inexpensive and old fashioned. You can tell by the heavy (50 amps) 5 volt output, the relatively light 12 volt output, and the presence of a -5 volt output. All the manufacturer did was to put some modern cables on it.
a b ) Power supply
July 13, 2009 2:35:00 AM

blacketik said:
I bought this PS,

PC shutting down randomly, checked on new egg, one guy said to open the PS and tighten the Ground wire (it's a phillips screw). I have done it and wow .. now work like a charm, nice PS for 55$ Can.

WTF? DO NOT BRING UP DEAD THREADS
February 5, 2011 10:01:49 PM

Shadow703793 said:
WTF? DO NOT BRING UP DEAD THREADS

bump

:D  :D  :D 
!