BSOD on new system xp sp2 and on vista it works.

icarusil

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2008
Hello

i just purchased my new system... (see details below)

i receive a BSOD blue screen during windows XP sp2 32bit installation.
at the very beginning i even not get to the partitioning part... its booting from the cd and than loads some default drivers and BAMM BSOD 0x0000007b 0xf78d2524 0x0000034

i have removed both RAM dimms and tested only with 1 dimm in every ddr2 slot... same result.

i have done a bios update to the latest version... still same result

i decided to test windows vista ultimate 32bit installation and it works...

but i don't like to stay with vista... xp sp2 should also work... i am thinking that i have some hardware error.

than i played with the bios seetings tested IDE mode AHCI mode... nothing helps... every time i install xp sp2 i get BSOD

here is the spec
CPU: Intel E8500
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R
RAM: Corsair DHX 2x2GB TwinX DDR2 800MHz CL5 (twin2X4096-6400C5DHX)
video card: eVGA 8800GT 512MB GDDR3 DX10 HDTV 2xDVI PCI-E
Power supply: Enermax Noisetaker II EG701AX-VE 600W Dual Fan
Hard Drive: Seagate 500GB 7200RPM, 32MB, SATA II

thanks for any help

icarusil

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2008
i fixed the problem...

my DVD drive is SATA... i removed the DVD drive connected my old DVD via IDE.
changed all bios settings related to raid/AHCI/ide to native ide

and its installing right now :)

thanks

icarusil

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2008
i was just thinking what would i have done if i did not have an IDE DVD drive???

the answer is in godless reply... use the sata drivers...
ok sounds good... during xp install you have to press f6 to add additional drivers... but you will need a floppy drive... xp does not search in cd/dvd/usb drives...

3 years or more i don't have a floppy drive...
i am still getting angry about hardware manufacturers that create updates or drivers that need floppy or dos...

the bios update that i did to this board was via USB stick modified with HP format tool to create it bootable with DOS.

lol its funny to say DOS i think in this days... they could just create some damn small linux or something that you can burn or put on our USB stick
and update what ever is needed... i should create a blog or something about i hate dos and 1.44 floppy's