Weird Post Spacing

I sit here snacking, watching TV, and reading AGST, and
if the TV program is engaging, I forget about the group while
I watch. So tonight there was a cool Outer Limits, which is
why there are such long spaces in my replies. :D

This happens a lot on Saturday and Sunday nights, but if
you've noticed, Monday through Friday I usually ignore the
late night fodder on NBC and post away.

Now there's a Stargate show coming on, so we'll see.....

Miracle Smith wrote:
> Now there's a Stargate show coming on, so we'll see.....

The show is growing on me. ;)

Miracle Smith wrote:
> Miracle Smith wrote:
>
>> Now there's a Stargate show coming on, so we'll see.....
>
> The show is growing on me. ;)

Are you kidding? It rocks! It has rocked for years now.

It's not entirely serious, and once you figure that out it's just good
old fashioned fun.
--
Frank

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 02:50:09 +0200, Frank van Schie
<frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

>Miracle Smith wrote:
>> Miracle Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Now there's a Stargate show coming on, so we'll see.....
>>
>> The show is growing on me. ;)
>
>Are you kidding? It rocks! It has rocked for years now.
>
>It's not entirely serious, and once you figure that out it's just good
>old fashioned fun.

Liked the Russell movie, couldn't get into the series.

I'd have to do a sit-down-and-give-it-a-fair-shake marathon or
something to get interest in it now.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Liked the Russell movie, couldn't get into the series.

I'd agree over the first couple seasons. But it's grown on me recently.
I've not watched the shows for this season yet, figuring I'll TiVo up a few
while I catch up with other late spring fare. I've gotten behind enough
that I now no longer worry about cliffhangers. I've already got the next
episode in the hopper waiting when that happens. I used to wait a day to
avoid watching commercials. Now I wait a week to avoid cliffhangers.

Frank van Schie wrote:
> Miracle Smith wrote:
>> Miracle Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Now there's a Stargate show coming on, so we'll see.....
>>
>> The show is growing on me. ;)
>
> Are you kidding? It rocks! It has rocked for years now.
>
> It's not entirely serious, and once you figure that out it's just good
> old fashioned fun.

The first few episodes I saw were a bit glum, but these last few
have been very entertaining. Last night's was about the big fellow
with the gold insignia on his forehead, and the rescue of his son and
others from a mining prison camp, or some such.
Bob help me, I can't remember the character names just 24 hours
later. Let me go peek............

Aha! Teal'c. Keep in mind I'm watching older years' shows, with
Richard Dean Anderson still on board.

Smeghead wrote:
[Stargate]
> Liked the Russell movie, couldn't get into the series.

The movie was fine, I find it well watchable and fun. This is an
improvement over years ago. The show has form[a|u]lized the Big Evil a
bit, it's not longer just 'an alien', it is part of 'an alien race' that
has used humans for slaves for millenia, and our fight against them.

> I'd have to do a sit-down-and-give-it-a-fair-shake marathon or
> something to get interest in it now.

Season 1 would not be terribly well suited to that. I am not endowed
with such memory that I could tell you which season would be a good
starting point for that, but... yeah.

Of course, you can download whole seasons right now.
--
Frank

Miracle Smith wrote:
> Frank van Schie wrote:
>
>>Miracle Smith wrote:

>>> The show is growing on me. ;)
>>
>>Are you kidding? It rocks! It has rocked for years now.
>>
>>It's not entirely serious, and once you figure that out it's just good
>>old fashioned fun.
>

> The first few episodes I saw were a bit glum, but these last few
> have been very entertaining. Last night's was about the big fellow
> with the gold insignia on his forehead, and the rescue of his son and
> others from a mining prison camp, or some such.
> Bob help me, I can't remember the character names just 24 hours
> later. Let me go peek............

Teal'c the father, Rhyac the son. I remember that episode. There are
better ones. The Replicators were fairly nice. The first time we see an
Asgard ship descending through an atmosphere (dark clouds gathering,
thunder roars, etc, Jack O'Neil summed it up with "Oh yeah...")

I guess I'm a bit of a fanboy, though I have no delusions about the
intellectual quality of the show.

> Aha! Teal'c. Keep in mind I'm watching older years' shows, with
> Richard Dean Anderson still on board.

Older shows... I'm still voting for a rerun of McGyver, The A-Team and
Knight Rider in one block on an easily accessible evening.

The A-Team was, I think, much more popular over here then over in
Leftpondia. In fact, I think we've pretty much topped most nations of
the world. It's good, clean fun, it has just one plotline which was used
for every single episode, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. I would
probably still do so, today.
--
Frank

Frank van Schie <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote in news:HL-
dnU6m55cUj3vfRVnysQ@casema.nl:

> Teal'c the father, Rhyac the son.

And Rheostat's the volume control.

I remember Teal'c's name as the guy who's name sounds like baby powder.

I think my favorite episode is the one where the guy makes a movie based on
SG1's adventures. It has that "Trouble with Tribbles" comedy flavor.

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:48:28 -0500, ScratchMonkey wrote:

> And Rheostat's the volume control.
>
> I remember Teal'c's name as the guy who's name sounds like baby powder.
>
> I think my favorite episode is the one where the guy makes a movie based on
> SG1's adventures. It has that "Trouble with Tribbles" comedy flavor.

Gimme the DS9 version of that TOS episode. :)

--
"They do nothing but consume food and breed!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> Frank van Schie <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote in news:HL-
> dnU6m55cUj3vfRVnysQ@casema.nl:
>

>>Teal'c the father, Rhyac the son.
>

> And Rheostat's the volume control.
>
> I remember Teal'c's name as the guy who's name sounds like baby powder.
>
> I think my favorite episode is the one where the guy makes a movie based on
> SG1's adventures. It has that "Trouble with Tribbles" comedy flavor.

Would that be the episode where a dorky alien with amnesia gets the idea
for a Power Rangers like show called "Wormhole X-Treme!" based on his
deleted memories of working with SG-1?

Or is that the episode where a documentary maker tries to do interviews
with the personnel at the SGC? That had some hilarious stuff in it.
--
Frank

Smeghead's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> Kurt Russell played a man of few words in that one. The
> brooding silent type. A man with a mission.

Like he does in every military movie he does?

Smeghead's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> And we all know, "Germans Love David Hasselhoff". How about a musical
> Knightrider? Where Michael breaks into song? A duette with KITT?

Knight Rider on broadway?

Frank van Schie wrote:
> Older shows... I'm still voting for a rerun of McGyver, The A-Team and
> Knight Rider in one block on an easily accessible evening.
>
> The A-Team was, I think, much more popular over here then over in
> Leftpondia. In fact, I think we've pretty much topped most nations of
> the world. It's good, clean fun, it has just one plotline which was
> used for every single episode, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. I
> would probably still do so, today.

More and more lately I find that I can tolerate mindless
shoot-em-up, blow-it-up, car chase fun much more than
I used to.
I've always loved sci-fi, aliens, space, spaceships, etc.,
but stuff like the A-Team, that I never, ever watched, might
actually get me as an audience these days.

Sadly, I think it's because I'm just too effing tired to do
anything else. Gah.

Frank van Schie wrote:
> Or is that the episode where a documentary maker tries to do
> interviews with the personnel at the SGC? That had some hilarious
> stuff in it.

I just saw that 2-part episode. It was a bit on the gloomy side,
except for RDA's character in spots. The first part was especially
glum, when the death happens.
I suppose I miss all the "inside joke" stuff, since I'm still sorting
out characters and such. A newbie!

Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Hellmark wrote:
<WACKED alot of bad stuff>
> You need a hug. Why didn't you just ask for one?
> {{{{{Hellmark}}}}}

*hugs Miracle*

>> Although, I thought that comment was a bit funny, since while he's a
>> good actor, he doesnt have alot of range and so some of his roles
>> always seem very similar to others he's done in the past.
> Like the chicks' aren't?!?!?!? LOL Dude, we're talking about
> LUST FACTOR here, not talent!!! ROFL

I don't go for lust factor.

Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Hellmark wrote:
>> You said nice things about the women they like, but not the ones I
>> like *pouts*
> But hon, you like anything *female*!!!! LOL

Nah, actually, personality means a lot to me. I go for that over looks.

Smeghead wrote:
> And we all know, "Germans Love David Hasselhoff". How about a musical
> Knightrider? Where Michael breaks into song? A duette with KITT?

A duet between KITT and KARR (Knight Automated Roving Robot), of course.

And don't mess with the Hasselhoff, y'know? He gets great reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000070S1/102-7940623-8763324?v=glance

--
Frank
Must.. stop... reading... imminent... bladder failure...

Miracle Smith wrote:
> Frank van Schie wrote:
>
>>Or is that the episode where a documentary maker tries to do
>>interviews with the personnel at the SGC? That had some hilarious
>>stuff in it.
>

> I just saw that 2-part episode. It was a bit on the gloomy side,
> except for RDA's character in spots. The first part was especially
> glum, when the death happens.
> I suppose I miss all the "inside joke" stuff, since I'm still sorting
> out characters and such. A newbie!

Yes, the ending was very gloomy. That, of course, was the point of the
episode, but the methods of dealing with the interviewer in the first
episode had me in stitches.

Teal'c was fantastic.

Miracle Smith wrote:
> More and more lately I find that I can tolerate mindless
> shoot-em-up, blow-it-up, car chase fun much more than
> I used to.
> I've always loved sci-fi, aliens, space, spaceships, etc.,

And on that note, I'd just like to say that the person or persons
responsible for killing SAAB (Space: Above and Beyond) deserves to have
his nuts stuffed up his notrils and his face caved in with a mallet.

Just thought I'd mention it.

> but stuff like the A-Team, that I never, ever watched, might
> actually get me as an audience these days.
>
> Sadly, I think it's because I'm just too effing tired to do
> anything else. Gah.

You say that as if it's a bad thing. The watching The A-Team thing.
Don't be critical and it's entertaining. Be critical and it's a waste of
time. Switching off criticism for shows that should do without is
essential. :)

spanner

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2004

> And on that note, I'd just like to say that the person or persons
> responsible for killing SAAB (Space: Above and Beyond) deserves to have
> his nuts stuffed up his notrils and his face caved in with a mallet.
>
> Just thought I'd mention it.

Agreed, agreed, agreed! Excellent show that died way to early a death.
Much like Firefly was cancelled way to early as well.

Frank van Schie wrote:
--
Frank
Must.. stop... reading... imminent... bladder failure...

ROFL

Frank van Schie wrote:
> Yes, the ending was very gloomy. That, of course, was the point of the
> episode, but the methods of dealing with the interviewer in the first
> episode had me in stitches.
>
> Teal'c was fantastic.

I got tickled when, at the end of the second part, RDA had to
finally sit down and give up an interview.

Teal'c is the coolest- he's a bit like the uber-cool Mr. Spock
in the original Star Trek series. Doesn't get humor at all, that I
have seen.

Frank van Schie wrote:
> Miracle Smith wrote:
>> More and more lately I find that I can tolerate mindless
>> shoot-em-up, blow-it-up, car chase fun much more than
>> I used to.
>> I've always loved sci-fi, aliens, space, spaceships, etc.,
>
> And on that note, I'd just like to say that the person or persons
> responsible for killing SAAB (Space: Above and Beyond) deserves to
> have his nuts stuffed up his notrils and his face caved in with a
> mallet.
> Just thought I'd mention it.

That's the way I feel about a lot of shows! But since we're going
on about sci-fi mostly, the one I *really* miss is Second Generation.
Whoopie Goldberg as an empathetic bartender was pure genius.
I also dug the empath a whole lot- the beautiful woman whose name
just won't pop into my head.

And which show had that little crook Quark? He just delighted me,
and I could have watched his antics forever.

>> but stuff like the A-Team, that I never, ever watched, might
>> actually get me as an audience these days.
>>
>> Sadly, I think it's because I'm just too effing tired to do
>> anything else. Gah.
>
> You say that as if it's a bad thing. The watching The A-Team thing.
> Don't be critical and it's entertaining. Be critical and it's a waste
> of time. Switching off criticism for shows that should do without is
> essential. :)

I'm learning! I feel less and less guilt all the time....... ;)

"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Frank van Schie wrote:
>> Miracle Smith wrote:
>>> More and more lately I find that I can tolerate mindless
>>> shoot-em-up, blow-it-up, car chase fun much more than
>>> I used to.
>>> I've always loved sci-fi, aliens, space, spaceships, etc.,
>>
>> And on that note, I'd just like to say that the person or persons
>> responsible for killing SAAB (Space: Above and Beyond) deserves to
>> have his nuts stuffed up his notrils and his face caved in with a
>> mallet.
>> Just thought I'd mention it.
>

> That's the way I feel about a lot of shows! But since we're going
> on about sci-fi mostly, the one I *really* miss is Second Generation.
> Whoopie Goldberg as an empathetic bartender was pure genius.
> I also dug the empath a whole lot- the beautiful woman whose name
> just won't pop into my head.

The Next Generation. Deanna Troi was the empath.

> And which show had that little crook Quark? He just delighted me,
> and I could have watched his antics forever.

Deep Space Nine.

>>> but stuff like the A-Team, that I never, ever watched, might
>>> actually get me as an audience these days.
>>>
>>> Sadly, I think it's because I'm just too effing tired to do
>>> anything else. Gah.
>>
>> You say that as if it's a bad thing. The watching The A-Team thing.
>> Don't be critical and it's entertaining. Be critical and it's a waste
>> of time. Switching off criticism for shows that should do without is
>> essential. :)
>
> I'm learning! I feel less and less guilt all the time....... ;)

Meh, I still miss the old days of Star Trek. Even Lost in Space was good
for its time. :^)

Quixote