Best Desktop Case to take on an airplane

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008
Aluminum will certainly be lighter, but is it really worth the cost? Aluminum does nothing for a case, and that one cost $240, compared to $50 for comparable steel midtower cases. Mini-tower should be lighter, although it's bad for cooling.

lnsykalski

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
I'd like to take my desktop with me when I travel as carry on luggage. I talked to airport security and they didn't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to take it on the plane with me(despite the complex looking components) Does anyone have any suggestions on some lightweight desktop cases to take on an airplane?

I wonder, could i even send the desktop through the scanner without it damaging any components like the hard drive?

I assume the best would be made out of aluminum (or something maybe lighter), like this one?
LIAN LI PC-A10B Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112122

Any ideas? Thanks!

lnsykalski

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
I need a powerful computer to play video games and run some work intenssive apps and I wouldn't fly very often. I think a laptop vs a desktop for the same power will be a higher price then the case price difference.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

MicroAtx motherboards perform and oc horribly. Low profile graphics cards are pretty bad too. Might as well just get a typical midtower case and put it in a suitcase. It's not like you'll be running that computer on the plane. :p