Longest possible jump with sj?

Not knowing the slot cap, and assuming greened up enhancements... I
would imagine that it's level-dependent to some degree? I know that one
of my toons increased her single jump range by a whole lot - I forget
exactly, but started out at something like 125 yds and got up to
something like 400, from a standing start. And does jumping from a run
increase the range, or does it just feel that way? How about jumping
from SS? Just wondering if anybody knows.

On 30 Jul 2005 20:10:47 -0700, "MarkH10178" <MarkHammerschmidt@yahoo.com>
scribed into the ether:

>Not knowing the slot cap, and assuming greened up enhancements... I
>would imagine that it's level-dependent to some degree?

A large degree. Hurdle also increases jump distance for SJ quite a bit.

> I know that one
>of my toons increased her single jump range by a whole lot - I forget
>exactly, but started out at something like 125 yds and got up to
>something like 400, from a standing start. And does jumping from a run
>increase the range, or does it just feel that way? How about jumping
>from SS? Just wondering if anybody knows.

I've never noticed any difference between a standing jump and a running
jump...with SJ that is. With non-enhanced jumping, it makes a big
difference.

On 2005-08-01, Gavin Scott <gavin@allegro.com> wrote:
> I agree that SJ is the most fun and most generally useful of the
> travel powers (except in places like the Shadow Shard where flying
> is the only thing that really works, and even Team Fly becomes a
> skill that's in demand).

One can get around the Shard with SJ and the gravity jumps. SJ is
actually fairly helpful, in that the air control, used sparingly, can
help you stick a lot of the more difficult jumps.

Teleport is still the travel power of choice for the Shard though, since
you can get where you need to be quickly and then draw the rest of the
team to you.

--
--- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
"Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of

>Not knowing the slot cap, and assuming greened up enhancements... I
>would imagine that it's level-dependent to some degree? I know that one
>of my toons increased her single jump range by a whole lot - I forget
>exactly, but started out at something like 125 yds and got up to
>something like 400, from a standing start. And does jumping from a run
>increase the range, or does it just feel that way? How about jumping
>from SS? Just wondering if anybody knows.

I'm sure there's a badge that requires you to jump 1 mile. Never worked
out how to get it as I always landed way short.

On 17 Aug 2005 08:37:35 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
scribed into the ether:

>>Not knowing the slot cap, and assuming greened up enhancements... I
>>would imagine that it's level-dependent to some degree? I know that one
>>of my toons increased her single jump range by a whole lot - I forget
>>exactly, but started out at something like 125 yds and got up to
>>something like 400, from a standing start. And does jumping from a run
>>increase the range, or does it just feel that way? How about jumping
>>from SS? Just wondering if anybody knows.
>
>I'm sure there's a badge that requires you to jump 1 mile. Never worked
>out how to get it as I always landed way short.

???

A badge for jumping?

Jump a mile? Even if you 6-slotted SJ and Hurdle with +3 SOs, you wouldn't
even get half of that. Hell, probably not even 1/3.

"Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote in message
> On 17 Aug 2005 08:37:35 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
> scribed into the ether:
>
>>>Not knowing the slot cap, and assuming greened up enhancements... I
>>>would imagine that it's level-dependent to some degree? I know that one
>>>of my toons increased her single jump range by a whole lot - I forget
>>>exactly, but started out at something like 125 yds and got up to
>>>something like 400, from a standing start. And does jumping from a run
>>>increase the range, or does it just feel that way? How about jumping
>>>from SS? Just wondering if anybody knows.
>>
>>I'm sure there's a badge that requires you to jump 1 mile. Never worked
>>out how to get it as I always landed way short.
>
> ???
>
> A badge for jumping?
>
> Jump a mile? Even if you 6-slotted SJ and Hurdle with +3 SOs, you wouldn't
> even get half of that. Hell, probably not even 1/3.

On level ground, yes.

Try jumping off a skyscraper with that setup. You might need super-speed to
get a running start.

And/or getting a nice kintics or grav controller/defender to help out...

--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent

"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

chat: @vorlonagent

Vorlonagent (M), level 30 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
RolIing Thunder (F), Level 26 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
NightfalI (M), Level 18 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
Steel Night (M), Level 17 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
lmpact (F), Level 17 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
Pulsar Staraven (F), Level 15 Controller (Grav/Rad), Liberty
Girl at the Bar (F), Level 14 Controller (Mind/Empthy), Triumph
Faraday Facade (F), Level 14 Controller (Illusion/Forcefield), Justice

Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> looked up from reading the
say:

>On 17 Aug 2005 08:37:35 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
>scribed into the ether:
>
>>>Not knowing the slot cap, and assuming greened up enhancements... I
>>>would imagine that it's level-dependent to some degree? I know that one
>>>of my toons increased her single jump range by a whole lot - I forget
>>>exactly, but started out at something like 125 yds and got up to
>>>something like 400, from a standing start. And does jumping from a run
>>>increase the range, or does it just feel that way? How about jumping
>>>from SS? Just wondering if anybody knows.
>>
>>I'm sure there's a badge that requires you to jump 1 mile. Never worked
>>out how to get it as I always landed way short.
>
>???
>
>A badge for jumping?
>
>Jump a mile? Even if you 6-slotted SJ and Hurdle with +3 SOs, you wouldn't
>even get half of that. Hell, probably not even 1/3.

Sprint takes jump enhancements too.
Maybe get a kinetics guy to give you a further boost.
Possibly use one of the geysers in the Shadow Shard to get even more
distance.

Xocyll

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:43:57 -0700, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> scribed
into the ether:

>Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> looked up from reading the
>entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
>say:
>
>>On 17 Aug 2005 08:37:35 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
>>scribed into the ether:

>>>I'm sure there's a badge that requires you to jump 1 mile. Never worked
>>>out how to get it as I always landed way short.
>>
>>???
>>
>>A badge for jumping?
>>
>>Jump a mile? Even if you 6-slotted SJ and Hurdle with +3 SOs, you wouldn't
>>even get half of that. Hell, probably not even 1/3.
>
>Sprint takes jump enhancements too.

Which I've experimented with, and determined to be worthless. If it adds
anything (and I'm unconvinced that it does), it's very, very little.

>Maybe get a kinetics guy to give you a further boost.

Never seem to make that much difference there either.

>Possibly use one of the geysers in the Shadow Shard to get even more
>distance.

Well, that's just cheating. May as well get a hovering teleporter to summon
you half of the way once you start the jump.