Highpoint RocketRaid2220 - Broken Raid

halldorhrafn

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Hello all. I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the HighPoint RocketRaid2220 card. I recently used it with 8.pcs. Seagate ST3500320AS HDDs and was using RAID 1/0.

One disk is now degraded and after system restart no data is visible on any of the HDDs, they seem to be empty/formatted (with no file system, but they had NTFS before and all data was visible)

BIOS on RAID card seems OK except for one Degraded disk but in Windows the Highpoint RAID Management Console shows two "RAID10_0" arrays with status Disabled (before there was one array working with status Enabled. When the console is started is says "Raid checking" - The following arrays can not be used, do you want to delete them?

Does anyone know if there is any way to get back the data and/or restore the RAID?

Operating system that I used was Windows XP Professional SP3.

halldorhrafn

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
In that case I should perhaps start looking into recovery options with Kroll Ontrack or perhaps try RAID Reconstructor.

If anyone else has any suggestions to try to fix the RAID setup before attempting data recovery please do let me know.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I use a Rocket RAID (pci card) for my RAID 1. My 3rd partition got lost one day from the RAID and I was not able to recover it. It was the only partition I manipulated to make bigger to use the rest of the disk space. The ones where I used Windows to partition space have always been there and never lost.

Unless you have a backup of the table of partitions, I don't think you'll be able to recover the data.