SupremeFXII help - Cracks during games

scoobster33

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
Hi, I recently purchased a new computer made specifically for gaming. I Built it with a few other friends and everything is fine and good except for a few things..

During gaming my sound tends to crack EXTREMELY loud...its pops so loud that I fear that it is wrecking my speakers..I have vista home premium 64-bit, but I don't have SP1 yet because windows update will not install all the updates (it's weird, but I'm consulting microsoft about that one)..Would that be the cause of this?

I don't know if that is the cause of these cracks or not, but neither me or my friends have any idea how to install a sound card..We got everything else in fine but we were confused on that..There were no manuals that came with the sound card (I got it with a Striker II Formula) - Why are there all of these one pin connectors everywhere? What is AC, 97?

The games that I have occured these cracks are Crysis, Age of Conan and Spore creature creator...Every other game i have installed just crashes after a few minutes. These ones keeps going but they have those really loud crackling sounds or the audio just stops.

Thanks for the help