Last response: in Motherboards
July 17, 2008 2:09:59 PM

First off my computer...

GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz
EVGA 512-P2-N773-AR GeForce 8600 GTS 512MB
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB
Rosewill RP500-2 ATX12V v2.01 500W Power Supply

So the other morning I tried to wake up my computer from sleep mode. Nothing. Blank screen. So I did a hard restart and heard one long beep followed by two short. I later figured out it was indicating a problem with the video card. So I went ahead and took it out, and reseated it. Now when I boot up I get no beep, and no display. Hmmm. So then I disconnect all the drives, usb's, and other PCI cards other than the video card. Same thing, no beep, no display. Then I take the video card out. Start it up, long beep followed by two short. Turn it off, put the video card back in. This time take all the ram out. Lots of short beeps. Cleared the CMOS, still not posting.

I'm pretty much at a loss as to what the issue is. Maybe the PSU? Motherboard? Video card?

Any help appreciated.

More about : post display gigabyte 965p ds3

July 17, 2008 2:53:26 PM

vmcneILL do you have bios version f12?

1 long, 2 short
Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display also could try another video card if you hav a spare one or can borrow one.also how is psu plugged up to video,I beleave the 8800 gts 512 uses around 20 to 22 amp on the 12 volt rail. Hope the helps you out.
!