Newly Created User Doesn't work

dkenz

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
I have a 4 yr old son that is starting figure out how to use the computer pretty well. Id like to set him up his own user account with some parental controls and whatnot. My problem is this.

Every time I create a new user, Admin or standard and try to logon it gives me this error.
"The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

I have searched everywhere for a fix to this... Tried them all with no results. Everything from deleting/fixing the SID (is none, New user) but still looked, One person said the attributes were doing it, still nothing. Delete user and recreate, Reboot, Safemode, Another said they got this error because of free space. Have over 100 gig free on main drive.. No problem there. Deleting some *.sqm file along the user directory fixed some peoples.. Not mine. Only thing i didn't try which im sure will work is a format and clean install.. but my CD isn't in working order anymore :( I built this computer also so there is no windows on the drive somewhere.

When the user is created no folder or anything in registry is changed or created. I feel like its somewhere there... Windows isn't doing what im asking.. Just making me believe it did.

I have Windows Vista SP2 if that has anything to do with it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!!

Is this in the Registry ?
http://computingondemand.com/vista-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/

and, what does this mean ?
I built this computer also so there is no windows on the drive somewhere.

dkenz

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Hehe... What i ment was like Dell, Gateway store a backup copy of windows on a separate partition so windows can be re-installed/repaired without CD.

And no it isn't in the registry.. no .bak file. And the largest number is my own user. Im not trying to fix an existing user. Im creating a brand new one but it wont let me login to it once created.