Astra 4100 for xp

I used to have this driver and associated software available for download at another site, but I got tired of so many users coming here with one post, unregistered, asking for this driver only to have another user come in a few days later with a new name, unregistered, one post, asking for it again, and again, and again. So I deleted it and now have only this to say to all the multitudes of people out there that can't seem to figure out how to download a file and run it, but they do always seem to find this place just fine...

Try Google.

privateer

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
Hi Tigsounds, I sympathize with your experience. But we are not all lazy dummies. I have been trying to find an XP driver for a Umax 1260 scanner. There are 50 hits on google offering a free download of that specific driver, and every one of them funnel you down to one of 10 websites that want to scan your system and provide the driver and a driver scanning service for $10 - $20. I finally i surrendered and paid for a download service, and 1 week later am still waiting for the driver. I even know the name of one of the exe files offered, MS241D.exe but asking for it leads into the same merry go round.

How refreshing to see someone that understands that they need to download the file and install it themselves. I really think the person that keeps coming here for the Astra 4100 thinks we can actually install the driver for them from here. The clue is that if a person doesn't register in 2 days, their nic turns to "anonymous" and they keep coming back with a new nic as the old ones expire.

Here is your driver, although it appears to be non-english. I have posted it at 4-Shared.com as a Zip file I made, and as the original as you were seeking (a RAR self-extracting executable). I'm not sure where the executable extracts to, (I'm a bit pressed for time right now, but wanted you to get this asap)
If you need it in English, I can keep looking.

UMAX1260-DEUTSCH.zip

ms241d.exe