Which is better Asus Mainboard Or GAGBYTE Mainboard

In terms of quality I prefer Asus. Plus Asus is normally a leader in stability and overclocking. Gigabyte is a bit cheaper but as I said before the stability and overclocking capabilities of the motherboard are usually lower than that of Asus.

grizz86

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
Well base in my experience.. yes when u talking about quality its asus (material).. but its the most expensive mobo. Gigabyte.. puts intel-based mobo in maximum perfomance.. dont know about amd-based mobo. Why not try Abit? I'm very impressed the capability of it with cheaper price :). Easy overclocking menu. I'm still using it.

mi1ez

Splendid
They're both excellent manufacturers of motherboards. It's all down to what you want to do with it (office? surf? game? OC?), what features you want (RAID? PCIe2?), and budget.

sailer

Splendid
I've had failures with boards from both ASUS and Gigabyte, so I know they both have made some poor boards. On the other hand, I've never owned a a Gigabyte board that was a real winner, that is, none of them were really great boards. Its been a few years since I bought a Gigabyte board, so they may have raised their quality and features. On the other hand, with one board design exception, I've had good luck with ASUS. The problem board from ASUS was the A8N32 SLI Deluxe. I went through a few of those before ASUS did a revision that worked properly.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
i somehow found you get more informations from the Asus BIOS then the gigabyte. like the NB temp, volts or something similar. where as gigabyte on the other hand just display vcore and ram volt mb temp som ebasic reading.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
On the question, it really depends on what your using your MB/system for.

Running things at stock, just about any company brand will/should do fine.

OC'ing abilities, its usually the chipset that can limit what you can OC to.

Running 3rd parties HSF, also would need to be factored in, as far as choosing what can work best.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
i used to go asus, a lot... then i tried out some gigabyte parts, i have a motherboard and a video card, both exceeded my expectations, I especially enjoy ultra durable II... it's more stable when overclock than i had expected, eg:no failures for reasonable overclocks thus far

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Gigabyte is not the only board manufacturer that uses solid capacitors. Also, every Asus board I have ever purchased still works perfectly many years later(there is one exception... but any board can die if you overvolt it that much :p).

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
I use to be only ASUS, but lately, I have gone towards Gigabyte boards.
I haven't had one board from either go bad, so it's not that, it's mostly the price for what I get, and Gigabyte has been a better deal for the options they offer.

But either company would be a good choice for motherboards, in my opinion.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
the revolution i think its MSi to be honest. server grade capacitor on the P45 mobo. and they always deploy some high end cooling for the price of Asus/Gigabyte's medium board, namely the platinum and diamond version.

stoner133

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
Bad experiances with ASUS has held me off from using or recomending them. I think they have made improvements since that time but I will hold off. I left ASUS for ABit and liked their boards. I'm currently using a Gigabyte and have nothing but praise for it. Motherboards are like cars, you have a bad experiance with one or with service on one you tend to avoid them on your next purchase. In my life I started with Abit, went to Soyo, then Asus, then MSI and back to Asus then forced to replace and went to Abit again and just switched to Gigabyte always liked there implimatation of Dual BIOS and thought I would give it a try along with wanting a CrossfireX board.

Preclude

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
The only way we can really give him a definitive answer is to go with a general one.

Generally Asus will provide a higher quality, more feature rich board. Generally Gigabyte boards are more suited towards PCs that need less features or are budget builds.

There are exceptions to this of course, but a general answer such as this is best suited to your general question.

mdma35

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
if you looking for price/performance value on a budget go Gigabyte and MSI
if you wanna to OC and push it to the limits you will get more stability with ASUS

My last two Gigabyte boards have had awful temperature sensors. My 790GX Gigabyte's temp probes are so far off I have to leave the fans cranked to max otherwise it will turn them off (because it thinks the CPU is at 10C). Otherwise, I've had both Asus and Gigabyte and would be comfortable recommending either.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Recently Tom's has used Gigabyte boards in several of their builds with good results. They also recommended a Gigabyte board in their "Christmas gift suggestion" article, and for their most recent test of the Gigabyte board they had a lot of good things to say about it.

I don't know much about ASUS so I did a little searching on newegg to see what they had. Also I've recently been interested in the customer ratings that newegg collects and presents on their site. I think there is some value in using these ratings to compare products.

This is the Gigabyte product that Tom's seems to like:
EP45-UD3P On newegg 89% of 308 reviews rated it 4 or 5 out of 5.
This ASUS was similar in price: P5Q On newegg 78% of 160 reviews rated it 4 or 5 out of 5.

I also checked to see how prices compared for their P45 motherboards. The lowest price P45 from ASUS was about 12% less than the lowest price from Gigabyte.

The guy that supplies computers for my office uses both motherboards. I spec'd the Gigabyte for the most recent computer he built for us, and then realized that the 3 year old computer I'm using at work from him also has a Gigabyte mobo, while the few computers we got before that used ASUS motherboards.

It appears to me that there isn't overwhelming evidence that you should go one way vs. the other way. Maybe read the reviews and features of the different boards that meet your needs and see how they compare that way.

antmiu2

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
i was currently deciding on ASUS P5QL PRO p43 or GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L p43 there both the same price and have around they same reviews i was really going for the gigabyte cause its prettier and cheap but the asus got more votes plus its smaller... so u have to be specific between which models!¿