secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
I would seriosully think about moveing to at least a 650Watt it not a bit mroe i don't know about you but i like to do some upgrades besides GPU's 530 might be enough but later on with you want to ad in another say hard drive or a new CD/DVD/Blueray Drive you might not then have the power so i would go with a 650 or higher myself

pauldh

Illustrious
I agree that power supply doesn't look up to the task. For one it doesn't specify max combined 12v.

I'm running a fairly loaded system (3.1GHz Q6600, two 8800GT, 2 optical, 2 HDD) on an Antec True Power trio 550W. But it has 41 amps on the 12v. I had the PSU and decided to try it, probably would have bought a 650W (8800gt SLI certified) model instead.

sirfuzz

Distinguished
May 5, 2008
I have a pretty loaded system as well, OCed e6400 with 1.45v, 8800gt sli setup, liquid cooling, hdd/optical... and instead of buying a new PSU (the one I have is the BFG 650w sli psu) to be safe, I went and got the visiontek gpu/cpu dedicated psu that fits into a 5.25 drive bay. Besides looking cool, I NEVER have problems with it just running my GPUs. A lot of people report high exhaust temps blowing into the case, but I dont... as long as you have good ventilation you should be fine. Just an option, I mean, combined wattage Im sitting at about 1100, so my power setup will last me for quite a while without sacrificing money to buy a $300 monster psu.