Pix of the G280!

makotech222

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
nice, but those are pretty low core and shader clocks, my 9800gtx is at 770/1925/1200.

I heard that there are 55nms coming out in july, is that true? i have my step up until july lol.

True, sometimes big things (power consumption) do come in smaller packages. I was mainly looking at it as a nice looking card. Ive heard anything from 247 to 147 for power usage. I think the 147 doesnt include the mobos 75 watts myself

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006

I have to agree on the nice looking. Nvidias cards look quite nice lately. I don't know how well their cooling solutions work though.

area61

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
One thing that hsa me sold to Nvidia over Ati is the way the card looks.I mean just look at it.Its so easy on my eyes all wrapped in a stealthy looking package.I would buy the 9800gtx anyday not because of how it performs, but the way it looks.ATI should try to do the same too.the only current ATI card thats cools on my eyes are the HIS ICEq 3 versions.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

If its a true new architecture and not just a slight revamp like the 9800 series, the clocks will not relate at all to current cards. It would be like comparing the clock on the Pentium D to the clock on the Core2.

Kari

Splendid

I think it looks like a boring black slab that couldn't possibly hold anything interesting inside... quite bland... :heink:
maybe because it is so black, it blends to the background and hides all the details. Ati's vivid red is much better, even Ferraris look better in red lol

G

wow nice looking card... hopefully the HS doesn't suck... I might wanna get an after market cooler instead if it does suck

The_Abyss

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006

I tend to be the opposite. After unwrapping the box and installing the card, the only time I see it again are either when upgrading something else or having a clean, or ultimately selling it. For the remainder 99.9% of the time I really don't give a stuff what it looks like.

DarthPiggie

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008

Why should it matter how it looks, I could give a fairy about that, You dont even see the card 99% of the time anyway.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
i guess you have got a open window in your system The_Abyss.i dont blame you.

but nowadays almost every thing perform similar to others.only looks differentiate them.style is what everyone whats to achieve.but then again there are people who are after performance and they will have like 8 3000rpm fan in there case.and some who want quietness with all black out side with slow spinning fan or watercooling.

it just really what you desire i think.and to prove my point further when you get some friend over whodont know what you talking about when you mention names like 9800GTX Crucial ballistx,the only thing that will make them WOW is the look of your PC and performance tend to be second.

i have build so many pc for different people.most of them will say i want it to have fancy fan controller and cold cathode and so on.you get it now?

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007

well the Wii is thicker and according to your other reply the performance between the Wii and the GTX280 is no where near comparable!

GTX280_GPUZ.jpg

I don't think any of those specs are possibly accurate. GPUZ could be mis reading or giving incorrect info.

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Looks pretty long, hard to say the length of that motherboard but I think the card might be 12"?

edit: at least they didn't put the power connectors on the end of the card.

G

shadow... whats wrong with that picture?

nothing seems out of order except the gpu clock where it says 0