ASUS M2N32 running hot consistantly.

zanny

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
So Ive been monitoring my mobo recently since im upgrading to a phenom, and while the cpu remains at 50c in use (which is already high) the mobo is starting to scare me at 48c, considering I have 4 case fans and a front vent with 2 passive vents on the side, the case is spacious, so I cant identify whats causing my mobo to heat up so bad in basic use. Mainly, the CPU always matches the mobos temp, so I think its holding the cpu temp up as well. Ive moved wiring out of the way to the best of my ability, and with all the fans capped its still hitting 45c - 50c constantly. It rarely goes under or over this threshold however, and ive been watching for a few weeks.

I even tried moving some stuff around my room to improve, 2 windows in between the pc and an AC unit blowing into the intake fan. Opening the whole case up and running a fan on it only reduces the temp to 38c.

Any good fixes?

I reduced all my OCing on the CPU to see if it improved as well, no dice.

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
I'm running an Asus M3A32 and my temps aren't that far off from yours. CPU idles around the mid 40's now, motherboard stays just below it in the low 40's. Sounds like your case has enough airflow, but are you using the stock cooler for the processor. The stock cooler sits directly on the processor and sits real low on the motherboard. When I switched to an aftermarket cooler using heat pipes that raised the cooling fins and fan off the processor/motherboard (only a small block sits on the processor) I noticed about a 5 degree drop in my motherboard temp as well as my processor. (I'm using an Asus Triton 77 Processor cooling unit).