Outlook Express - Cannot Open or Delete Messages

August 13, 2005 9:31:01 PM

Upon downloading my emails yesterday I have two emails that cannot be opened
and I cannot delete them. When clicked on to open or if I hit delete it
freezes Outlook Express. This is very frustrating as I have no idea how the
heck to get these two emails out of my inbox...Can someone please help?

Thanks
--
Terry
Anonymous

Have you tried dragging them to the deleted folder????????..........right
click.hold and drag.
If you have OE set to empty this folder upon exit they should then be
deleted.
peterk

"Terry" <kat_61@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Upon downloading my emails yesterday I have two emails that cannot be
> opened
> and I cannot delete them. When clicked on to open or if I hit delete it
> freezes Outlook Express. This is very frustrating as I have no idea how
> the
> heck to get these two emails out of my inbox...Can someone please help?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Terry
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 5:08:03 AM

If you have preview pane enabled disable it then try to delete them.

"Terry" <kat_61@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Upon downloading my emails yesterday I have two emails that cannot be
> opened
> and I cannot delete them. When clicked on to open or if I hit delete it
> freezes Outlook Express. This is very frustrating as I have no idea how
> the
> heck to get these two emails out of my inbox...Can someone please help?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Terry
Related resources
August 14, 2005 5:08:04 AM

I tried it again and then hit shift/delete and it worked!!!

Thank you so much

--
Terry

"pcbutts1" wrote:

> If you have preview pane enabled disable it then try to delete them.

> "Terry" <kat_61@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Upon downloading my emails yesterday I have two emails that cannot be
> > opened
> > and I cannot delete them. When clicked on to open or if I hit delete it
> > freezes Outlook Express. This is very frustrating as I have no idea how
> > the
> > heck to get these two emails out of my inbox...Can someone please help?
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Terry

August 14, 2005 5:08:04 AM

Already tried that...Still can`t go near these two emails

Thanks

--
Terry

"pcbutts1" wrote:

> If you have preview pane enabled disable it then try to delete them.

> "Terry" <kat_61@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Upon downloading my emails yesterday I have two emails that cannot be
> > opened
> > and I cannot delete them. When clicked on to open or if I hit delete it
> > freezes Outlook Express. This is very frustrating as I have no idea how
> > the
> > heck to get these two emails out of my inbox...Can someone please help?
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Terry

Anonymous