Looking for a new board

gomer68

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
ok! i made up my mind iam getting phenom ii x3 black edition. i need to know whats the best motherboard for this chip. im thinking asus m4a79t deluxe or a gigabit board? i am going with the am3 boards. or any other boards, i want the best board to over clock.

noodle64

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
best bet might be to wait till more options come out for AM3 and DDR3. Thats what i'm waiting for anyways. Otherwise if your just starting out with Overclocking look into the AM3 supporting boards with DDR2, itd be cheaper and you can find more info on it.

tartarsause

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Getting the MSI 790FX-GD70 would be a better choice in my opinion as compared to the asus board the msi one is able to go quad cross-fire with dual slot cards unlike the asus model as its slots are aligned differently and the layout of the I/O ports along with the variety like firewire and 2 LAN ports are better in comparison with the asus board and its sata ports are also laid out better compared to the asus. Finally the features are similar along with overclocking with the dials other than asus having a slight lead in overclocking however the MSI board requires a bios update for stability, after that its fine. Overall for the price, features and overall layout for the board I found the MSI board better compared to the asus one.

Sorry for the long post.

TRENDING THREADS