blazewide

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
ok so i posted a thread a week ago about a new video card for my computer. I have decided on the EVGA 8800GT 512 meg single slot cooling card. I may add an aftermarket cooler later on, but i havent decided because the reviews on newegg say that the card only normally gets super hot when running games like crysis, and i primarily just play WoW and CS:source. I know that for this card i need at least 22 amps on the 12v rail. I have been looking at this PSU since i got an email from newegg about their weekly promotions. It looks decent, its a 650W Corsair 80+ certified PSU with a single 12v rail. now if i read the specs correctly and also the picture of the sticker showing the specs on the side of the PSU, it has 52amps for the 12v rail. Should this be enough to power a AMD 64 X2 4600+ at stock speed, 6 gigs of DDR2 ram (2 1 gig sticks in dual channel and 2 2gig sticks in dual channel), 2 sata hard drives running at 7200RPM, one IDE hard drive running at 7200RPM, a dual layer sony dvd burner, an extra usb 2.0 card, a linksys 54g wireless card, on a Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe mobo? here is a link to the power supply, its only 99.99 and its normally 159.99. i look for to hearing from you all.

major53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
blazewide 650W Corsair should be more than enough for that pc.and the question about the video better heatsink and fan I would probably replace it too,I always put a better heatsink on video,cpu,northbridge just because they all put a cheap one on all of them.its you call.hope this help you.