Sign in with
Your question

This poor case

Last response: in Components
June 24, 2008 10:46:38 PM

I was just reading a few reviews on the Silverstone Temjin TJ09BW which i saw on the $4000 build article, soo here i am flicking through a few forums, as you do.....

and i come across this (some of you might have seen this) but it made me chukkle:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=f239a74b1e524...

haha, there is a comment on the next page saying "That will buff right out"

haha

kkthanksbye

More about : poor case

June 24, 2008 11:03:30 PM

That must be UPS
June 25, 2008 4:02:17 AM

Looks like it got hit by a bus. Poor thing.....
Related resources
June 25, 2008 4:44:58 AM

RizzyWho said:
I was just reading a few reviews on the Silverstone Temjin TJ09BW which i saw on the $4000 build article, soo here i am flicking through a few forums, as you do.....

and i come across this (some of you might have seen this) but it made me chukkle:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=f239a74b1e524...

haha, there is a comment on the next page saying "That will buff right out"

haha

kkthanksbye

Your the kind of person who enjoys watching others in pain aren't you. That's horrible, I feel sorry for the guy and you laugh. All I have to say is that I would be using someones head to bang out those dents.
June 25, 2008 5:01:30 AM

LOL!!!
I can just see the guys now....

-Hey Bob, what does this mean.... f-r-a-g-l-e???
I dunno Frank?
-Meh, CATCH!
June 25, 2008 5:15:10 AM

The responsible party should be beaten. I can't believe they had the balls to deliver that at all.
June 25, 2008 5:24:14 AM

Seriously, beat them. Reminds of Comcast's great customer service.

/sarcasm

Seriously, Comcast's customer service blows. Blow me Comcast.
June 25, 2008 5:27:53 AM

Ouch, that's pretty bad. That sucks so much.
June 25, 2008 5:28:06 AM

pcgamer12 said:
Seriously, beat them. Reminds of Comcast's great customer service.

/sarcasm

Seriously, Comcast's customer service blows. Blow me Comcast.

LOL, a little bitter are we?
June 25, 2008 5:33:29 AM

Zorg said:
The responsible party should be beaten. I can't believe they had the balls to deliver that at all.

Unless the unit is leaking fluids, deemed otherwise unsafe or can be positively identified as being destroyed, the package must legally be delivered.

The shipping company does not know if the unit was originally shipped damaged (as in a return to the seller) or the unit may have salvage value.

It is very sad, but it also demonstrates poor packaging practices by the shipper. Those manufacturer packages may look good and may be adaquate for most shipments, but the simple truth is the manfucturer packaging was designed specifically for shipping bulk quantities by palletized freight to resellers and may or may not meet individual package shipping requirements. The shipper should have double boxed the shipment and the damages could have been avoided.

June 25, 2008 5:40:28 AM

I've taken a load of crap from Comcast lately with their poor customer service.

After 7 years of service. They cancel my cable TV service for no damn reason, I pay my bills on time. When I call the idiots up, they tell me I need to bring my drivers license to prove that I own my house to get the problem fixed. They said 'someone called with my information to cancel my service', a load of bull I later find out from the manager of the Comcast store.

I drive to their store after being told my drivers license will do by 2 Comcast reps on the phone, once arriving there i find out there I'd have to bring some utility bills since a drivers license wasn't enough. Comcastic=Sucktastic.

After driving home to get some utility bills. I arrive back there.

30 minutes the damn Comcast rep talks to her manager and finds out it was input error (someone called in trying to cancel their service and the Comcast rep typed the wrong keys changed our service).

Since we were there, we downgraded our service from Digital Cable to Limited Cable. A savings of over $40. They did try to give us a 6-month discount if we stayed with Digital Cable for the hassle they gave us. We declined and took the regular $15/month Limited Cable.

They scheduled a Comcast guy to come Friday, promising the cable box to work when we get home saying they can remotely enable them to work or not from their store.

Arriving home, it does not work, and on Friday the guy doesn't come. I reschedule for next Sunday, but ask if they can move me up if someone cancels their appointment. They call the next day to move me up to next Tuesday. They don't show up on Tuesday even though they called on Monday confirming the appointment. On Sunday, they show up finally. I called Comcast up about why they didn't show up on Tuesday. They said someone called in canceling it. BS!! At least they showed up on Sunday.

Anyways the guy sets up our stuff almost fine, except the cable box doesn't work still, the guy doesn't enter the house even though the messages Comcast leaves says to make sure an adult over the age of 18 is at home between 8-12 AM.

After about 5 hours, we called Comcast up and they enabled it. We shouldn't have to do this, but this doesn't bother me. This is not the worst of it.

On the morning of June 22 I see a Comcast guy pull up in his Comcast van into my neighborhood. I was like fockers... who did they fock over this time? After making my morning coffee, I turn on my TV and see the cable TV didn't work. I look outside my door and see the same Comcast cable guy messing with my cable box outside. I wish i had a 12 gauge shotgun because i would have pulled that out to give him a good scare for effing me over.

Anyways, i talked to the person, who was actually really cool about it. We resolved it, he called back to headquarters to check and they replugged my service back in ASAP. They told me 'they were given orders to unplug the service here because the 'previous owners wanted to make sure he wasn't paying for service' BS.

I've owned this house since 2001 July and had Comcast since then. I'm a loyal customer and have paid my bills on time. I have not changed my service for 7 years.
June 25, 2008 5:57:39 AM

StevieD said:
It is very sad, but it also demonstrates poor packaging practices by the shipper. Those manufacturer packages may look good and may be adaquate for most shipments, but the simple truth is the manfucturer packaging was designed specifically for shipping bulk quantities by palletized freight to resellers and may or may not meet individual package shipping requirements. The shipper should have double boxed the shipment and the damages could have been avoided.
Take another look at those pictures. That would have needed to be packed in an Anvil case. Even then it would have been destroyed. It appears to have been run over. Shippers aren't supposed to be playing basketball with the packages.

I amend my earlier comment.

The responsible party should be beaten about the head and neck with a large club.
June 25, 2008 5:57:48 AM

seriously guys it's just a case it can be replaced so who cares boo hoo the guy has to wait a few more days maybe a week to get a new one so what
June 25, 2008 6:15:10 AM

secolliyn said:
seriously guys it's just a case it can be replaced so who cares boo hoo the guy has to wait a few more days maybe a week to get a new one so what

The case belongs to this guy, this is what he said:
"Let me show you all my TJ09. Get ready cause I'm sure you never saw such thing in your whole life . I send it at
19th of December 2006 from Poland (Europe) to Cyprus (Europe). I received it today it's 21 March 2007. Here it is.
Hmmm I guess plane runover it. Well I don't wish anyone such thing to happen with his 400$ !!!"

Waiting 3 months for anything to have it arrive in that condition... u cant blame anyone for being p!$$3d off.
He wasnt even having a whinge about that, its more a situation of "Have u ever seen this before?"
June 25, 2008 6:22:09 AM

secolliyn said:

You are basically saying you don't care if this happens to YOU.
June 25, 2008 7:13:03 AM

So many people have problems with reading comprehension it hurts.
a b ) Power supply
June 25, 2008 8:31:09 AM

poor fkr...
June 25, 2008 10:02:45 AM

hey dude, that's the overclocked version of you case!

no worry :p 

in the front it looks normal to me :p 

damn, i feel sorry for you, i hope i'll never get such thing in my life.
June 25, 2008 8:38:46 PM

pcgamer12 said:

alright first it's Metal it can be replced it
's not the end of the world is something gets banged up and as far as that happening to me i not stupid im not going to ship myself ups
June 25, 2008 11:42:05 PM

ausch30 said:
Your the kind of person who enjoys watching others in pain aren't you.

That guy, me and the millions of others who watch America's Funniest Home Videos, Jack A$$, MXC, videos on YouTube and other shows........relax man....there wasn't any blood or skull fragments on the case, sure it sucks that his case is worthless now, but in time even the guy it happened to will be laughing about it....if he's not already laughing about it.

here, maybe these Vonage parodies I cobbled together will cheer you up.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_xuJCjRGw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knGdZamvHr0

June 25, 2008 11:46:34 PM

1971Rhino said:
That guy, me and the millions of others who watch America's Funniest Home Videos, Jack A$$, MXC, videos on YouTube and other shows........relax man....there wasn't any blood or skull fragments on the case, sure it sucks that his case is worthless now, but in time even the guy it happened to will be laughing about it....if he's not already laughing about it.

here, maybe these Vonage parodies I cobbled together will cheer you up.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_xuJCjRGw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knGdZamvHr0

i told you so! dragons exist!
June 26, 2008 11:43:38 AM

ausch30 said:
Your the kind of person who enjoys watching others in pain aren't you. That's horrible, I feel sorry for the guy and you laugh. All I have to say is that I would be using someones head to bang out those dents.

Thats so true :) 

lol

kkthanksbye
June 28, 2008 11:57:20 AM

pcgamer12 said:
secolliyn said:
alright first it's Metal it can be replced it
's not the end of the world is something gets banged up and as far as that happening to me i not stupid im not going to ship myself ups
So what you are saying is that if you get screwed over, but you are not injured it's all good?

It's not.

!