Blu-Ray disks not recognized

I purchased a Pioneer BDR-203 to add to my system. I have an Asus MB P4T-E so I had to install a PCI to SATA board which is a VIA VT6421 with 3 SATA and 1 IDE connector. I am running an Intel 2.8 processor oveclocking it to just over 3.0. My problem is that any Blu-Ray disk I place in the dive is not recognized. The drive plays regular DVDs just fine and it appears to be functioning with no issues. I do not know what I may have done wrong on the installtion. Is this soem sort of incompatibility issue? Please help me understand?

Thanks.

Bill.
7 answers Last reply
More about disks recognized
  1. Are you able to try the drive on another system? I'm assuming that there's something wrong with the drive.
  2. What software are you using to play the Blue-Ray disks? I use Cyberdrive 9 Ultra now on my PC. My LG drive came with version 7 but I found there are disks that can't play on 7. I installed 9 and haven't found anything yet I can't play.
  3. The drive came with PowerDVD 8 and as soon as I installed it an update came through. I don't think it's that. I'm trying to watch MIB the first movie.
  4. Have you checked your system compatibility. I think Cyberlink has one you can down load. I only ask this as you did not specify if your monitor and Graphics card are both HDCP enabled and / or if you are using a VGA or DVI vid cable.
  5. RetiredChief said:
    Have you checked your system compatibility. I think Cyberlink has one you can down load. I only ask this as you did not specify if your monitor and Graphics card are both HDCP enabled and / or if you are using a VGA or DVI vid cable.

+1 or its software related.
  6. RetiredChief said:
    Have you checked your system compatibility. I think Cyberlink has one you can down load. I only ask this as you did not specify if your monitor and Graphics card are both HDCP enabled and / or if you are using a VGA or DVI vid cable.

Thanks for the reply. I have a Viewsonic 17 in flatscreen using DVI cable. My video card is a Nvidia Ti4600 card. I am not sure how to enable it for HDCP or if it is compatible. I will go to the Cyberlink page to see what I can find out. Thanks again.

Bill.
  7. Bill
    I dought your monitor is HDCP enable, not sure about your Video card. A couple of options you can try.
    (1) Download a trial version of anydvd
    (2) try a VGA cable (instead of the DVI cable - may need a dvi-vga adaptor.)
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Blu-ray Storage