Sign in with
Your question

Blu-Ray disks not recognized

Last response: in Storage
August 19, 2009 9:02:12 PM

I purchased a Pioneer BDR-203 to add to my system. I have an Asus MB P4T-E so I had to install a PCI to SATA board which is a VIA VT6421 with 3 SATA and 1 IDE connector. I am running an Intel 2.8 processor oveclocking it to just over 3.0. My problem is that any Blu-Ray disk I place in the dive is not recognized. The drive plays regular DVDs just fine and it appears to be functioning with no issues. I do not know what I may have done wrong on the installtion. Is this soem sort of incompatibility issue? Please help me understand?

Thanks.

Bill.
a b G Storage
August 20, 2009 3:53:57 AM

Are you able to try the drive on another system? I'm assuming that there's something wrong with the drive.
m
l
August 20, 2009 4:41:02 PM

What software are you using to play the Blue-Ray disks? I use Cyberdrive 9 Ultra now on my PC. My LG drive came with version 7 but I found there are disks that can't play on 7. I installed 9 and haven't found anything yet I can't play.
m
l
Related resources
August 20, 2009 9:18:44 PM

The drive came with PowerDVD 8 and as soon as I installed it an update came through. I don't think it's that. I'm trying to watch MIB the first movie.
m
l
a c 353 G Storage
August 20, 2009 10:07:25 PM

Have you checked your system compatibility. I think Cyberlink has one you can down load. I only ask this as you did not specify if your monitor and Graphics card are both HDCP enabled and / or if you are using a VGA or DVI vid cable.
m
l
August 21, 2009 2:43:58 AM

RetiredChief said:
Have you checked your system compatibility. I think Cyberlink has one you can down load. I only ask this as you did not specify if your monitor and Graphics card are both HDCP enabled and / or if you are using a VGA or DVI vid cable.

+1 or its software related.
m
l
August 31, 2009 4:18:14 PM

RetiredChief said:

Thanks for the reply. I have a Viewsonic 17 in flatscreen using DVI cable. My video card is a Nvidia Ti4600 card. I am not sure how to enable it for HDCP or if it is compatible. I will go to the Cyberlink page to see what I can find out. Thanks again.

Bill.
m
l
a c 353 G Storage
August 31, 2009 5:18:56 PM

Bill
I dought your monitor is HDCP enable, not sure about your Video card. A couple of options you can try.
(1) Download a trial version of anydvd
(2) try a VGA cable (instead of the DVI cable - may need a dvi-vga adaptor.)
m
l
!