Need help connecting Antec 850W TruePower Quattro PS

ambush

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2002
I just purchased an Antec 850W TruePower Quattro power supply, which comes with a cable management system that lets you connect only those power distribution cables you need. In other words, most of the cables are not already connected to the power supply. The user connects only those he or she needs.

There are three black 6-pin connectors and two red 6-pin connectors, but neither the manual that came with it nor anything on their site explains the difference between the red and black ones. The black ones are labeled "12V2 Y", one of the red ones is labeled "12V3 Y/B", and the other red one is labeled "12V4 Y/G".

I found a review which claimed the red ones are for extra PCI-E use, which seems to be correct. But I need more than the three black connectors and I can't figure out if I can use the red ones for SATA connections (there's enough cables to do that, but not enough connections on the power supply).

HELP!

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
in many cases it does not matter since all 4 rails are cross connected - that means the v1 or rail 1 gets power from rail 3 and 4. this is how all silverstone psu are if not a single rail

the reason why they are labled like that is since its a 4 rail psu and so you can balance your power

v2 = rail 2
v3 = rail 3
v4 = rail 4

where is rail 1?
easy that is typcially conected to the mobo

so if you run 2 cards you want 2 and 3 to one card and 3 and 4 to the second \

now to your question: sometimes rail 2 is also used by the mobo for the 4 or 8 pin cpu contector

V4 is always empty!

so one red and one black to each gpu if you have 2 gpu's with 2 x 6pin pcie power contectors

got it!

check out my new site at warpedsystems.com email me feedback while its under construcion!