lameness

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
Hello, im looking to get some new memory and was wondering what would be the quickest between 4x1gb dd2 1150/( maybe 1200mhz) and 2x2gb 1066mhz.

I have heard that 2 sticks are quicker than four.....if so will that make up for the difference in clock speeds?

What system are you putting it in and how far is it overclocked?
The best way to do it is to have the RAM at a 1:1 ratio with the FSB and lowerd timings.
The only reason you need more than DDR2 800 is to give you additional overclocking headroom.

lameness

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
Well i currently have 4x1gb 800mhz, but i need memory for two other new builds so have decided it would be best to just share out my existing and get a slight upgrade for myself. It will be with the x48 mb currently at 400mhz...At the moment i use 1:1 ratio but my current sticks didnt want to OC much at all.

The new sticks aren't going to be on 1:1 ratio as i dont really want to OC the mb .....never really done that before.

I know im not going to notice much difference, but just wanted to get the best possible memory that i can get for my mobo. Just wondering how much quicker 2 sticks are rather than 4.