Which would you choose? Stylish, or functional case?

Which case would you choose?

• NZXT Nemesis Elite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antec 900

Votes: 18 100.0%

• Total voters

Papewaio

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
Which of the following two cases would you choose?

NZXT Nemesis Elite ( http://www.nzxt.com/products/nemesis_elite )
- Stylish
- Semi-functional
- Light (only 7kgs)
- 223.5 X 515.4 X 562.2 mm

Antec 900 ( http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/antec_900/ )
- Exellent standard cooling
- Functional
- Bottom mounted PSU
- HEAVY (17kgs)
- 19.4”(H) x 18.4”(D) x 8.1”(W)

I'm deciding between the two at the moment and want people's opinions and votes to take into consideration what more experienced people would choose.

I'm going to use it as a lanning computer as well as everyday gaming. I do keep this in my room and the amount of sound the case puts out and glow I need to take into consideration.

I have a Zalman 9700LED that some of you might know ... sticks out a little from the CPU. So that's something that has made me pick between these 2 cases.

All views, opinions and advice are greatly appriciated :)

Papewaio

pcgamer12

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
antec_nine_hundred.jpg

nemesis_black_elite.jpg

Papewaio

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
What about the placement of the psu?

I haven't had a case with the power supply at the bottom and don't know the risks/advantages of having it there.

mi1ez

Splendid

The PSU will get cool air from outside the case but won't help exhaust hot air from the top of the case, however, the 900 has ample exhaust at the top and rear of the case to counteract this.

The PSU being mounted on the bottom may try to eat thick carpets and dust though!

Papewaio

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
i would think about the 1200 but its too expensive for me at moment ... jobless but still abit of savings to live off while i look for another job lol

Papewaio

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008

haha thats the main reason one of ny mates (happens to be a funny little asian dude) picked it lol

as for the coolermaster 690, i was looking at that but its too small for what i need, i want a little more room to play inside and a see through side :p the only other thing is cable management, for the time being id just stuff it and let it be, but i have heard the 900 requires drilling and cutting the panel behind the motherboard and can be a little hard ... opinions?

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008

Antec by god. The NZXT is just fugly. Horrible. Its a good case for a bad counter strike player. Don't wanna insult NZXT owner, taste are different i know, but it is ugly. Like those "over-tuned" cars i sometimes see passing by me.

I vote for Antec.

bck000

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2007
Well I bought a nemesis a long time ago and love the case. At first it looks ugly but after awhile it grows on you.

Though I would get this instead of the 900 (newegg sold out)
http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-TEMPEST [...] 638&sr=8-1

Way better then the 900, cheaper, no fragile top fan. only 22lb, 3 lb lighter than the 900. I love the case after buying it.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
-1 for the tempest. its not as good in cooling performance as the antec 900. as both is designed as gaming pc with performance at no.1 priority. but i do like the way the HDD is stored though.

Papewaio

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
the 900 has better reviews all around on cooling the case significantly, the tempest not so good.

I buy a case in a couple of days, last chance for votes,

thanks so far for the votes and advice

I have three drives mounted in the lower drive bay of my 900. The lower fan sucks air in over the drives and onto the PSU. The PSU fan pretty much has to just take care of itself. The other front fan, the back fan, and the large top fan take care of everything else. I do not have a side fan mounted.

I am running a 650 watt Antec TP3 at around 60% load. PSU exhaust air is less than 2 C. above ambient.

With all the fans set on High, the thing sounds like a freaking vacuum cleaner. Fortunately, at least in my case, higher fan speeds than Low do not improve cooling.

Antec 900 case does not come with a system speaker.

Here's a pretty extreme example - in terms of work - of what can be done with cable management with a 900.:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=126395

Papewaio

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
what about the fan speed controllers where are those to quieten them down a little when i need to sleep?

so you would rate this case?

mimart7

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007

The fan controllers are located internally, and they only have 3 settings, low, med & high. On medium hardly noticeable. Swap out the front & rear fans,and buy a fan controller that can be mounted @ the front of the case. You will have to get creative with the cable management. I had to cut hole in the case besides the psu and route the cables through it for better air flow and neatness