Pro Case Recommandation

z_dori

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
hi,
in one line- i want an ultimate case.

this is my wanted features:
1. HDD access from side. (i remove a lot HDDs) (& a good airway, the cosmos 1000 has a problem with HDD cooling)
2. Dust Filters
3. Place for dual or triple fan Radiator, a triple rad of swiftech most likely.
4. silent
5. if the psu is at the bottom- airway from bottom is important (like the cosmus/evo 830, cm690)
6. a dual PSU is a big plus.
7. a door is a big minus! i use the optical drive a lot...

i thought about these cases, i would be glad to get more recommendations:

1. Lian Li v2010
2. Silverstone TJ09, TJ10
3. CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000 (the S is not good coz of the HDD cage. if they would give more than 1 cage= more than 4 HDDs, it could be nice, still the mount is very long...)

as you can see, price is not an object so much but i won't cross the 400$.

thanks guys!

Dor.

Asian PingPong

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008

Its possible to mount the psu in the 830 evolution on the bottom?

johnnymac13

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
I just built a new machine with a Lian Li V1000 Plus, a little smaller than the one you mentioned I believe but its a great box.

The build quality is supreme, very sturdy and excellent design (except a few minor details)....there is a dust filter on the front fan, HD access is from the side, its on wheels (that lock very well) and is grated on the bottom so the bottom placed PSU has plenty of room to breathe, and has no door over the optical drive (this was a factor in my decision as well).

For the V1000 there are a couple of drawbacks. First, there is no way you can use both of the HD racks. I had to take the second rack out to have enough room to route my power cables, but there is still room for 3 HDs in the front rack and the HD mounting system is solid and really easy to use. Second, I had to flip the fans around to have the correct airflow so my CPU cooler wasn't blowing against the back fan which is set to intake from the factory. Basically just changed the back fan to exhaust and the site fan to intake. The last thing is it's not very quiet with the stock fans. Not because the fans are bad, but because the case is so open with the grates it doesn't hold noise in. I'm looking for good quiet fans to replace them with and I'm sure it'll be all good to go.

I can say I'll probably never buy anything but a Lian Li case again, and I was a Coolermaster fanboy up until this last build.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Silverstone TJ09/10 has terrible HDD cooling. Lian-Li PC-A70 is the best case for you and anyone else that can afford it. It has dual PSU, amazing HDD cooling and all around cooling, is quiet, the PSU can be mounted on the bottom or top or both, and there is an optional windowed side panel and optional top panel with 2x 120mm fan slots (great for watercooling since if you do not have a PSU at the top there is a LOT of room up there) sold separately. Enjoy!

z_dori

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
Asian PingPong- no you cannot mount the PSU on evo 830 on the bottom but it has a great airway on the bottom.

johnnymac13- "I'm looking for good quiet fans to replace them with and I'm sure it'll be all good to go. "
Use nactua p12 fans, 92CFM @ 19db. they are the silentest fans i know & the most powerful.

i know the silverstones 9-10 are bad hdd coolling this is y i asked for more options...
the A70 is a good case, but the importer of Lian Li to Israel bought only the a71 case- with the door...

where on the A70 you can mount a radiator?!?!

z_dori

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
thanks bck000, but the NZXT cannot be compared with the other cases with quality built.

and most important- it doesn't have access to HDDs from the side.
this cage thing is even more complicated from just sliding it the classic way.
this is y i hate the cosmos S, 830s (+ they give only 1 cage, for that price give at least 2 cages for 6 HDDs)