Solved

250 GB HD now says it's not formatted properly

I was trying to reinstall Windows XP, but when it brought me to the point where I was supposed to choose which partition to install it to, it showed me a 137gb hd that wasn't formatted. What it should have showed was 4 different partitions. ranging from 3gb to 190gb.

From that point and on, I wasn't able to boot up. I'm currently using one of my old drives as a main HD, thankfully it has windows xp on it, so i was able to boot up using the old one.

After I booted up, I looked at My Computer, tried to open the 137gb partition, but it gave me an error message: The disk in drive F is not formatted properly, do you want to format it now?

Everything was working perfectly until I tried going through that Windows XP reinstallation.

I don't want to format and lose everything on that drive. Is there any way to solve this?
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about formatted properly
  1. After you install SP2 you'll be able to allocate the extra HD space as I'm guessing you are using an original Xp disc pre sp1.
  2. Luckily, I was able to use Partition Table Doctor to repair the tables and fix it.
  3. Best answer
    I think this relates to OP's other longer thread in which he / she did solve all the problems.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives HD Windows XP Storage