Sign in with
Your question
Solved

250 GB HD now says it's not formatted properly

Last response: in Storage
August 20, 2009 3:51:33 AM

I was trying to reinstall Windows XP, but when it brought me to the point where I was supposed to choose which partition to install it to, it showed me a 137gb hd that wasn't formatted. What it should have showed was 4 different partitions. ranging from 3gb to 190gb.

From that point and on, I wasn't able to boot up. I'm currently using one of my old drives as a main HD, thankfully it has windows xp on it, so i was able to boot up using the old one.

After I booted up, I looked at My Computer, tried to open the 137gb partition, but it gave me an error message: The disk in drive F is not formatted properly, do you want to format it now?

Everything was working perfectly until I tried going through that Windows XP reinstallation.

I don't want to format and lose everything on that drive. Is there any way to solve this?

More about : 250 formatted properly

August 20, 2009 11:35:53 AM

After you install SP2 you'll be able to allocate the extra HD space as I'm guessing you are using an original Xp disc pre sp1.
m
l
August 24, 2009 3:05:33 AM

Luckily, I was able to use Partition Table Doctor to repair the tables and fix it.
m
l

Best solution

a c 363 G Storage
August 24, 2009 2:53:54 PM

I think this relates to OP's other longer thread in which he / she did solve all the problems.
Related resources
!