scumm4

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
I am not sure if this is the fault of the motherboard but...
I have been experiencing a random error when booting up. Certain times when I boot my system it will hang on the motherboard splash screen for around 5-10 minutes. There is an initial post beep as normal, but it just sits on that screen. Other times it boots up normally and in a speedy fashion. Does any one know what may cause this. RAM has been checked for error numerous times without error.

P.S. Before this started my DVD drives disappeared from "My Computer". I have since recovered them and have had no further instance of this. Could these 2 issues be related. Help me please, this is my first build and this system has seemed really buggy since the beginning. I am close to giving up the fight.

akhilles

Splendid
Are the specs in your sig? Have you ever cleared the cmos and loaded bios defaults since you got it? Is the bios up to date? Have you tried powering the pc on with no USB device attached?

scumm4

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
Have you tried powering the pc on with no USB device attached?

Thank You. I just discovered this over the week end. I have been powering it on with an audio player attached by USB and noticed a similarly slow boot when I had it plugged into my girlfriends computer as well. I guess it can really be so simple sometimes. I really appreciate the response. Thanks again.