I am trying to install a web cam I have, no brand name on it and I cannot find the
software - I got it 5 years ago and now my kids want to use it!

Are there generic drivers to run a web cam?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

You might have supporting drivers, but you still need a software program to
use it. Drivers just make it function, it's the software that enables you to
use it. Look for model numbers or manufacturer codes on the cam and google
them to see if you can find out where it comes from.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"W E B GU R L" <nospam@thanks.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install a web cam I have, no brand name on it and I cannot
>find the
> software - I got it 5 years ago and now my kids want to use it!
>
> Are there generic drivers to run a web cam?
>
> Thanks in advance

Using the FCC ID, you should be able to find the manufacturer and then you
may be able to go to their site and download drivers and software for this
camera.

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/help.html

PattyL

"W E B GU R L" <nospam@thanks.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install a web cam I have, no brand name on it and I cannot
>find the
> software - I got it 5 years ago and now my kids want to use it!
>
> Are there generic drivers to run a web cam?
>
> Thanks in advance

TRENDING THREADS