Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Serenity: The new trailer

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 30, 2005 3:14:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

This thing is lookin' more and more polished each trailer go-round.

I'm not ashamed to say that I am really looking forward to it.

Mal: "*YOU* WANNA RUN THIS SHIP?!"
Jayne: "Yes."
Mal: "Well... ya can't."

Science fiction with plot? Dialog? Action? Drama? That's as rare as...
a... rare thing... in a pod!

Dig it:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity/traile...

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

More about : serenity trailer

July 30, 2005 5:57:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:kbvle198p3ckfijjm6iim34p4i5mj0imn5@4ax.com:

>
> Dig it:
> http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity/traile...
>

Dug it. I want it!! I want it NOW!!!!

Waiting for this and the newest George R. R. Martin book is driving me
nutty.
July 30, 2005 10:38:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3ndne1dg5j8qau9k5dppc1die4grt7mbkl@4ax.com:

> Never ready any Martin. To whom can you compare him stylistically and
> content wise?
>

He isn't comparable to any of the big name fantasy writers. It's very
plot/character driven stuff, but the fight scenes are excellent, and don't
get to attached to any of the characters... I'd say he's the best fantasy
writer out there right now.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 30, 2005 10:38:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:38:50 GMT, Spanner <nonehere@fu.com> wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
>news:3ndne1dg5j8qau9k5dppc1die4grt7mbkl@4ax.com:
>
>> Never ready any Martin. To whom can you compare him stylistically and
>> content wise?
>>
>
>He isn't comparable to any of the big name fantasy writers. It's very
>plot/character driven stuff, but the fight scenes are excellent, and don't
>get to attached to any of the characters... I'd say he's the best fantasy
>writer out there right now.

As soon as my schedule calms some I might have to give him a look in.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 10:38:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:j2lne11siq3ndee61tvihi18bh3nb2983q@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:38:50 GMT, Spanner <nonehere@fu.com> wrote:
>
>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
>>news:3ndne1dg5j8qau9k5dppc1die4grt7mbkl@4ax.com:
>>
>>> Never ready any Martin. To whom can you compare him stylistically and
>>> content wise?
>>>
>>
>>He isn't comparable to any of the big name fantasy writers. It's very
>>plot/character driven stuff, but the fight scenes are excellent, and don't
>>get to attached to any of the characters... I'd say he's the best fantasy
>>writer out there right now.
>
> As soon as my schedule calms some I might have to give him a look in.
>

Which translates to: "As soon as I can break myself out of the time
sinkhole that is Eve-online." :^)

Quixote
July 30, 2005 10:38:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 14:43:22 -0500, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
wrote:

>
>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:j2lne11siq3ndee61tvihi18bh3nb2983q@4ax.com...
>> On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:38:50 GMT, Spanner <nonehere@fu.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
>>>news:3ndne1dg5j8qau9k5dppc1die4grt7mbkl@4ax.com:
>>>
>>>> Never ready any Martin. To whom can you compare him stylistically and
>>>> content wise?
>>>>
>>>
>>>He isn't comparable to any of the big name fantasy writers. It's very
>>>plot/character driven stuff, but the fight scenes are excellent, and don't
>>>get to attached to any of the characters... I'd say he's the best fantasy
>>>writer out there right now.
>>
>> As soon as my schedule calms some I might have to give him a look in.
>>
>
>Which translates to: "As soon as I can break myself out of the time
>sinkhole that is Eve-online." :^)

Q can speak Diplomatese.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 6:39:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

Spanner wrote:
> "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
> news:kbvle198p3ckfijjm6iim34p4i5mj0imn5@4ax.com:
>
>
>>Dig it:
>>http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity/traile...
>>
>
>
> Dug it. I want it!! I want it NOW!!!!
>
> Waiting for this and the newest George R. R. Martin book is driving me
> nutty.

While you're waiting, the good folk in news:alt.fan.grrm are doing a
coordinated re-read, with a planning that should take all the books by
the time _A Feast for Crows_ comes out. I think they're starting _A
Storm of Swords_ now.

I am not currently in the mood for GRRM, preferring to re-read Steven
Erikson's _Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen_ for the moment, but hey.
--
Frank
July 31, 2005 6:39:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

Frank van Schie <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote in news:D 4-
dnd3jN7UHgHHfRVnyug@casema.nl:

> While you're waiting, the good folk in news:alt.fan.grrm are doing a
> coordinated re-read, with a planning that should take all the books by
> the time _A Feast for Crows_ comes out. I think they're starting _A
> Storm of Swords_ now.
>

Just found this interview with him from Hour 25, a science fiction radio
show from California: http://www.hour25online.com/hr25_2000-12-08_george-r-
r-martin_interview.m3u
2001, he was just releasing A Storm Of Swords. It's pretty interesting.
!