killer1000001

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Does anyone know the max temp of the intel p45 chipset. And isnt the p45 the northbridge? I cannot view its temps in everest ultimate. NB and SB do not show up. i have a q6600 O.C to 3.4. Antec 1200 case. Where is the "Motherboard Temp" Sensor located?

Mondoman

Splendid
The Motherboard Temp sensor location varies with the design of the MB. You'll have to find out from the manufacturer. NB and SB often don't have temp sensors, so it's pretty common for their temps not to show up.

killer1000001

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
hmm that is really stupid.... is sufficient air flow in a case good enough? and should i worry about heat issues if i overclock even a little more? Should i lower the voltage?

Fruity

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009

Yes the P45 is the Northbridge. Intel max recommended temp for it is 103c. Caution: that may seem like a very high temperature, but it is very very easy to exceed, depending on your environmental conditions, voltage applied, case cooling, heatsinks etc etc. BE CAREFUL! The NB chip can't (usually) be replaced. If it blows then it's time for a mobo! If you can't get a temp readout for it then make sure you stay within its voltage spec and supply lots of cooling!
As Mondoman said - if Everest isn't giving a temp for NB / SB, chances are that there is no sensor on the board.