Help choosing a new monitor

G

Hey all

I have been searching the net for reviews of monitors and I am a bit torn as to what to get.

Usage:

- Photoshop and Painter, digital art, and photography

Here are my requirements:

- 24" preferably
- around the 400 euro price range (or around £320)
- if at all possible avoiding these TN screens I have been reading about.
- preferably full gamut of rgb colors displayed
- portrait/landscape rotation

So far I have found these two models but I believe they are both TN screens:
Samsung SyncMaster 245B 24in Monitor (no rotation to portrait)
Iiyama ProLite B2403WS 24in LCD (not too keen on the builtin speakers)

Gaming is not that important for me, so a faster response time is not too important.

Any suggestions/hints would be greatly appreciated as well as online shops to buy from.

I live in Austria so I guess any sites that will deliver there with not too great delivery costs.

Thanks in advance :)

1971Rhino

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I use a Samusung 24" monitor...it's in my signature it has the rotate ability, I've only rotated it once but it might come in handy for you. I had a 19" Samsung before that. I've been very happy with the brand.

My buddy swears by Acer monitors. They are cheaper than Samsung, which are always nice, and look REALLY good. I was skeptical myself until he had a few builds for customers and I saw them in action. VERY nice.

hispeed120

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2008
You may want to look into the Samsung 245T or the LG L246WP (or L245WP [just a marketing thing]). Both have PVA panels and are around $650 US. I have the L246WP and colors are great. I also use it for gaming and movies. I absolutely love it, but I have also heard good things about the 245T.

TRENDING THREADS