Sign in with
Your question

What do you think is the worst thing about Windows Vista?

Last response: in Windows Vista
November 2, 2012 11:22:05 AM

In Windows Vista, what do you guys (and girls) think are the worst, or most irritating features that have been implemented into the OS? If you've used it, what exactly has really gotten to you?
November 2, 2012 12:49:07 PM

The Stealthinator said:
In Windows Vista, what do you guys (and girls) think are the worst, or most irritating features that have been implemented into the OS? If you've used it, what exactly has really gotten to you?

Excessive resources, requiring additional RAM to be installed to run smoothly, if in fact, you can get vista to run smoothly ! Typically XP running 1 GB ram. and upgrading to vista, would require 2GB.
November 2, 2012 9:27:28 PM

It's not bloated but it's not super efficient either.... So yeah I would have to say resource usage.
Related resources
November 7, 2012 8:33:12 PM

I would rather Vista over 7. I hate the folder layout and settings in Win7. Vista was still pretty similar to XP and older, yet with slight changes. Win7 just completely killed it.
November 8, 2012 8:11:13 AM

Actually you're the first person I've known to say that! Not that I agree or disagree with you, it's just surprising to hear someone say that when compared to all the other feedback vista's been getting.
November 8, 2012 1:20:30 PM

Yeah, well, I don't own a W7 PC just yet, however I do lots of computer repair and so I use W7 a lot. Definitely prefer Vista. I just don't like change.
November 9, 2012 12:26:54 PM

daniel_h said:
Yeah, well, I don't own a W7 PC just yet, however I do lots of computer repair and so I use W7 a lot. Definitely prefer Vista. I just don't like change.

You must really hate Windows 8 then.
November 11, 2012 9:41:30 PM

whooleo said:

Didn't try it yet, but that's my initial feeling.
November 12, 2012 11:17:55 AM

whooleo said:

lol!
November 26, 2012 4:02:30 AM

I had windows 7 x64 on a PC and Windows 7 x32 on another PC and both were sluggish and required exacting hardware and updates and wouldn't play certain games or use devices like a pen tablet, unfortunately both "blew up" when I attached mobile rack for SATA hdd's. I think the racks caused a short in the motherboards (DOH!).

My Windows 7 x64 had 8gb of ram, 500gb primary hdd, 1tb second hdd, 1tb third hdd, 860 watt PSU, and a 4870 powercolor video card 1gb vram.

My Windows 7 x32 had a 680 watt psu, 4gb ram 1tb hdd, and a geforce 2gb video card.

Although I had sufficient power, ram and video, they both were still slow and difficult to use. At least the Vista OS is easier to use.

My Vista x32 PC and my Vista x32 laptop do work quite well and I have no problems with that OS. XP is still the best and quickest OS yet.

The only thing with Vista is that you have to use Vista specific drivers, games, and apps, and any devices that are specific dor Windows 7 will not work or will cause errors.
November 26, 2012 6:25:24 AM

Vista was really annoying with its instability and UAC pop-ups. I would use either XP or 7. I dunno which is better between the two, tho.
November 26, 2012 7:43:35 PM

The only good thing thabout Windows 7 is that it came with a built-in DVD player.

Actually, my Samsung netbook has Windows 7 x32 and it works quite efficiently.

I think that Windows 7 is more for the professional minded (apps and programs) whereas Vista is best performing with games especially those that were created for for previous OS versions. Using an older video card like a GTS 8600 works quite efficiently with Vista but does not perform well with Windows 7.

I've yet to try Windows 8, I would have preferred Microsoft to have made a version of Windows 8 for PC rather than a generic version for both mobile devices and PC.
November 28, 2012 9:36:18 AM

TenPc said:
The only good thing thabout Windows 7 is that it came with a built-in DVD player.

Actually, my Samsung netbook has Windows 7 x32 and it works quite efficiently.

I think that Windows 7 is more for the professional minded (apps and programs) whereas Vista is best performing with games especially those that were created for for previous OS versions. Using an older video card like a GTS 8600 works quite efficiently with Vista but does not perform well with Windows 7.

I've yet to try Windows 8, I would have preferred Microsoft to have made a version of Windows 8 for PC rather than a generic version for both mobile devices and PC.

That makes absolutely no sense. Both Vista and 7 use the same driver base because both use the NT 6.0 kernel (Vista: 6.0, 7: 6.1, 8: 6.2/3). This leaves for little variation of performance under Windows Vista and 7 especially since both have mature drivers.
November 28, 2012 8:25:53 PM

whooleo said:
That makes absolutely no sense. Both Vista and 7 use the same driver base because both use the NT 6.0 kernel (Vista: 6.0, 7: 6.1, 8: 6.2/3). This leaves for little variation of performance under Windows Vista and 7 especially since both have mature drivers.

Your message makes no sense.

http://www.intowindows.com/difference-between-vista-win...

Certain devices will only work with Vista like my Pen tablet, EZCAP TV USB adapter... Some (most) older games work better and more efficiently on Vista especially using the specified video card as per game specification, and there are more updated drivers available for Vista than Windows 7 because techs have had more time to create them whereas Windows 7 has only been around for about 3 or so years.
November 28, 2012 9:49:19 PM

TenPc said:
Your message makes no sense.

http://www.intowindows.com/difference-between-vista-win...

Certain devices will only work with Vista like my Pen tablet, EZCAP TV USB adapter... Some (most) older games work better and more efficiently on Vista especially using the specified video card as per game specification, and there are more updated drivers available for Vista than Windows 7 because techs have had more time to create them whereas Windows 7 has only been around for about 3 or so years.

More updated drivers for Vista huh? http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/49949 For 8, 7, and Vista....

Ex. I have an Audigy Platinum and 2 ZS and I encountered the infamous Windows Vista Star Wars Battlefront 2 audio glitch/crash (even with onboard), when used under 7 the glitches/crashes almost completely stopped.

Majority of older games will most likely run better under 7 do to improved resource usage.
July 25, 2013 6:55:21 PM

It exists
July 25, 2013 8:21:26 PM

Actually you're the first person I've known to say that!
!