Can't even run factory now, somebody shoot me.

JesseBUSMC

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
Been trying to OC a e5200 on a p45xe for about 3 days now and i'm still at square one. I have all working/compatible parts. I cleared my cmos and my bios was reset to defaults, basically everything on auto. I load bios and jack my cmos to 12.5(max) with my cpu frequency at 200 mhz so 2500 mhz total. Now i can't boot, no idea why, feel like i'll be spending a few years doing this. Read the sticky about 100 times now too. As always any helps greatly appreciated.

JesseBUSMC

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
Bleh, due to a lack of replies on my oc help posts lately i'll assume i sound like too much of a rookie not worth the time of day which i understand. I'm just gonna ditch OC'ing this thing all together i can't find resources on this board via forums and i'm literally at my end. Am i just posting in the wrong forum or something?

Start simply by raising the buss speed....slightly, everything in moderation. Go from like 200 to 205, then 208, 210, 212, and so on. You will have to lower the multiplier on your memory, keep it running under stock speed. Your memory is main problem at first, it usually won't stand much overclocking. I see you are runing 1066 memory. Make sure the voltage and timings are correct for it. You may need to set it to 800 mhz speed until you figure your processors potential out. Then go back and play with higher speed settings on it.
Start there and see what happens.