Sign in with
Your question

CRYSIS WARHEARD!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 169 U Graphics card
June 5, 2008 4:14:26 PM

http://www.crytek.com/news/news/?tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D...

Playing as Psycho, might be interesting, i hope the story will be better

More about : crysis warheard

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 5, 2008 4:33:00 PM

very cool sounding... unfortunately... I wish they had continued the story instead of coming at the original from a different angle... I wanna know what happens after the carrier is destroyed
June 5, 2008 4:55:04 PM

I think this could be a really good idea. I wouldn't mind a different angle on the story.......well, as long as they actually go ahead and make a Crysis 2 and 3 and don't just let this be Crysis 2.
Related resources
June 5, 2008 4:56:00 PM

I hope they really make a great story this time. The concept is cool.
June 5, 2008 4:57:44 PM

yea I hope they improve graphics performance for regular computers. It ran fine on mine when under heavy attack with all hell breaking loose, I could notice a slow down from time to time.

I've been playing GRID since yesterday, now the graphics on THAT are AMAZING! Odd thing is its not designed to run on SLI??? but if you set your SLI rendering for it to ASR intead of AFR it will do SLI and works great.
June 5, 2008 5:58:53 PM

Quote:
very cool sounding... unfortunately... I wish they had continued the story instead of coming at the original from a different angle... I wanna know what happens after the carrier is destroyed

Think of it like Half Life: Opposing Force, its just something to fill in inbetween and personally I always had to wonder what Psycho was up to all the time while I was wholesale owning kekes

I mean for a "Psycho" he sure doesn't do damn much it seems eh.
a c 169 U Graphics card
June 5, 2008 6:30:25 PM

Btw i hope it will be better Optimized than current Crysis
June 5, 2008 7:03:04 PM

min requirements:

cpu: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 or higher

ram: 8 gigabytes or higher

video card: GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB in triple sli or higher

hard drive free space: 42.6 gigabytes

recommended requirements:

cpu: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 oc'ed to 5.2ghz on liquid nitrogen

ram: 16 gigabytes of ram

video card: geforce 280gtx 1024mb in triple sli oc'ed with liquid nitrogen

i cant wait to play it my computer in 5 years should be able to run it
June 5, 2008 7:09:45 PM

cal8949 said:
min requirements:

cpu: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 or higher

ram: 8 gigabytes or higher

video card: GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB in triple sli or higher

recommended requirements:

cpu: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 oc'ed to 5.2ghz on liquid nitrogen

ram: 16 gigabytes of ram

video card: geforce 280gtx 1024mb in triple sli oc'ed with liquid nitrogen

i cant wait to play it my computer in 5 years should be able to run it

...I think you're going a little overboard there...

the QX9770 probably only has to be OCed to 4.9ghz
June 5, 2008 7:15:51 PM

Dude, check this out.
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Crysis

* A super computer that can calculate pi
* 700 THz or faster Processor (Centi core recommended for Low Settings - Warning: overclocking clock speed may cause a temporal gravitational time rift)
* An additional computer with same specs or above.
* 32 TB RAM above 5320THz
* A VCR reader
* 160TB Video Card with DirectX 22.5b (Nvidia XeForce 99980 GX529; due to poor scaling, a Zforce 993826 may be required on some PCs)
* 8 nuclear submarines and/or two AC-DC albums (preferable vinyl) worth of power supply
* Two sheets of hyperconductive thinking aluminum.
* A floppy disk
* 14 Petabytes of Free Hard Drive space
* Windows 2095 or Windows OMG
* 50 Gazzilion Gallons of Cola and 20 Kilotons of KFC
* A four hundred and seventy two thousand inch 1T50V£Rx9000 monitor (when used in conjunction with the Xeforce 99980 GX529)
* Gaseous-liquid phased nitrogen coolant (below 0 Kelvin recommended)
* No life to speak of whatsoever or for any life you had to have been extracted and fused into the computer workings somehow
June 5, 2008 7:24:33 PM

I really hope they have a meatier ending this time around.... cos the ending of the original game was incredibly lame .....

Also that they have something new to offer in the storyline...none of that "ooh theres something fishy going on in the island...something really top secret omg i wonder what it is...." ............................... ALLRIGHT WE KNOW THERE ARE HORRIBLY ANIMATED ALIENS THERE so GET ON WITH IT ALREADY!!
June 5, 2008 7:27:37 PM

mihirkula said:
ALLRIGHT WE KNOW THERE ARE HORRIBLY ANIMATED ALIENS THERE so GET ON WITH IT ALREADY!!

LOL
a b U Graphics card
June 5, 2008 9:08:21 PM

Not what I expected, but I'm ok with it. Nice to get an announcement. Hopefully they not only parallel the story but also go beyond.
June 5, 2008 9:31:58 PM

I kinda halfway expect crysis 2 to happen outside of the island - given that there was all those alien doodguys flying out for the entire ending sequence
a b U Graphics card
June 6, 2008 1:10:59 AM

pauldh said:
Not what I expected, but I'm ok with it. Nice to get an announcement. Hopefully they not only parallel the story but also go beyond.

Yeah I think that's the expansio pack afterwards. It's easier to write the parralel story now and then part 2 (give you the option to play as Psycho or Nomad) than to do it the other way around.

Either way should be entertaining.
a b U Graphics card
June 6, 2008 1:38:29 AM

Yeah, going back to a parallel after part 2 would be lacking. The more I think about it the more I like the idea of Warhead. But how long do we wait for part 2? I am kinda hoping this one might go just a bit beyond the ending of Crysis rather than end at the same point.
June 6, 2008 3:00:56 AM

Um, this premise sounds pretty bad. Same island different spots? It sounds like it is going to be the same exact game with different weapons and a different route. Would be better if they changed the setting or something.
June 6, 2008 3:36:28 AM

I actually paid cash money for 9800GTX's, so maybe my judgement is suspect, but I am one of those gamers that gets distracted by eye candy and would just run around in Crysis and crouch in the bushes to stare at the moving foliage, so, christ, I loved the game and am looking forward to this installment.
June 6, 2008 3:38:26 AM

And not to be unecessarily critical, but I avoided this thread because I had no idea what a 'warheard' was and didn't care. Spell check at least for your thread titles!
June 6, 2008 3:41:35 AM

San Pedro said:
Um, this premise sounds pretty bad. Same island different spots? It sounds like it is going to be the same exact game with different weapons and a different route. Would be better if they changed the setting or something.

I think you're right if that is exactly how it plays out, but there was considerable variance in the environments for Prophet's role in the story. I'm sure they can think of some convenient plot twists that provide an excuse for different surroundings. Maybe Psycho got teleported to Xanadu, who knows?
June 6, 2008 3:43:09 AM

^Dude urban dictionary's just around the corner!
http://www.dictionary.com/
the forward section of a self-propelled missile, bomb, torpedo, or the like, containing the explosive, chemical, or atomic charge.
n. A part of the armament system in the forward part of a projectile, such as a guided missile, rocket, torpedo, bomb, or other munition, that contains either a nuclear or thermonuclear system, a high explosive system, chemical or biological agents, or inert materials intended to inflict damage on a target.
Or www.urbandictionary.com, which gives you funny results.
Warhead
A vary aggressive blowjob.
Dude she gave me a Warhead.
She said Warhead I said when?
That was the worst Warhead ever.
June 6, 2008 4:20:52 AM

romulus47plus1 said:
^Dude urban dictionary's just around the corner!
http://www.dictionary.com/
the forward section of a self-propelled missile, bomb, torpedo, or the like, containing the explosive, chemical, or atomic charge.
n. A part of the armament system in the forward part of a projectile, such as a guided missile, rocket, torpedo, bomb, or other munition, that contains either a nuclear or thermonuclear system, a high explosive system, chemical or biological agents, or inert materials intended to inflict damage on a target.
Or www.urbandictionary.com, which gives you funny results.
Warhead
A vary aggressive blowjob.
Dude she gave me a Warhead.
She said Warhead I said when?
That was the worst Warhead ever.

Look carefully and you'll notice the title actually says warheaRd, which does not exist and sounds kinda funny.

I'm waiting for this and Crysis 2, I really want to know what happens when prophet takes the war to the aliens.

Also I want to use the TAC cannon with a little more freedom...
June 6, 2008 4:45:28 AM

Lol, I read the thread title and was expecting some kinda MMO version a'la Quake Wars.
June 6, 2008 4:51:01 AM

I think that's a bit overboard it clearly states the recommended system is a skulltrail system with 8GB of ram.
a c 169 U Graphics card
June 6, 2008 7:44:10 AM

where it states that it recommends a skulltral with 8GB RAM?

June 6, 2008 8:16:20 AM

No i don't think the graphics would be THAT much better than the original game...of course they would be better...but not shockingly better (Crysis was already photorealistic enough) .... though there might be bigger sprawling maps and updated physics that might hog hardware even more ...

The 4870 might play it smoothly ........ (i didn't mention GTX280 for it costs a kidney)
a c 271 U Graphics card
June 6, 2008 12:25:17 PM

I don't know which I'm anticipating more, this or Project Origin.
June 6, 2008 12:40:52 PM

scooterlibby said:
I actually paid cash money for 9800GTX's, so maybe my judgement is suspect, but I am one of those gamers that gets distracted by eye candy and would just run around in Crysis and crouch in the bushes to stare at the moving foliage, so, christ, I loved the game and am looking forward to this installment.

You could just go to a park and sit in a bush. Cheaper, and comes with a better fps combined with smello-vision. Physics are rubbish though, and of course, no respawn.
a c 271 U Graphics card
June 6, 2008 1:14:14 PM

The_Abyss said:
You could just go to a park and sit in a bush. Cheaper, and comes with a better fps combined with smello-vision. Physics are rubbish though, and of course, no respawn.

Surely the physics would be life like? :lol: 
June 6, 2008 2:21:08 PM

On my new system I was able play Crysis on High settings DX10 for the majority smoothly, but that changed near the end on the Aircraft carrier. My system could barely cope with medium settings, but I don't understand why it all goes downhill from there and leads me to think poor optimization from Crytek themselves. I'd love to play the game on Very high settings, but probably not anytime soon.
Crysis warhead is probably more of the same, but that's nothing bad :D 
June 6, 2008 2:24:33 PM

Mousemonkey said:
I don't know which I'm anticipating more, this or Project Origin.

Project Origin is going to be something special
a c 271 U Graphics card
June 6, 2008 2:48:09 PM

speedbird said:
Project Origin is going to be something special

I really hope so :bounce:  , but it's going to running on a new engine and I would hate to see it suffer from the same horsepower requirements/'dodgy' code issues that some have found with Crysis. Gotta admit the trailer does look good though, but it's only an FMV where's the playable demo? :cry: 
June 6, 2008 4:39:05 PM

^ I'm in love with Monolith. 2 nights ago i played Condemned Bloodshot... and after a dozen trips to the bathroom... 9 changes of underwear.. and 4 mild heart attacks i realised that i had more fun playing this game rather than Crysis. The next day there was the review of the same game on tom's. Creepy.

FEAR is one of my alltime favs. The trailer of Proj Origin does look sexilicious indeed! I can't wait!

Anyhow if Crysis Warhead is an expansion i really hope it doesn't end at the same point as the original game .... it would be great if the gameplay and storyline move farther...
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 6, 2008 7:36:51 PM

^ it would be great if it wasn't exactly the same as original ... which it sounds like may turn out to be... if they make drastic gamplay changes... new... good... new view that is on the story... and more weapons and stuff... then it will be fun... but if its even close to being the same... just with a different locale... ts going to suck
June 6, 2008 8:22:34 PM

Yeah we'd prolly knw what happened with Prophet and what he learned about the aliens and how he managed to make that Alien-repellent-Machine-gun
September 24, 2008 11:05:36 AM

Crysis: WArhead will be better optimized for PC.
It will be super cool to play that though the 6hours of play is a bit disapointed but what can you expect for a $30 game.
I have jusut ordered it,,,,,,,................
!