HDMI Input and Channel Fix on Sony KDF-60XS955

I have a Sony KDF-60XS955 and a Mot 6208 PVR-digital converter box. The Sony
has HDMI input and the PVR has DVI and Component outputs. Currently using
Component. Want to try HDMI.

OK, I need a DVI-HDMI cable. But the Sony has an 'channel fix' feature
that lets you set a fixed input that comes up whenever you turn the set on.
If you were using an analog cable box for example you'd set it to channel 3.
For Component video you can set it to Input #5. But there's no
way to set this to HDMI inputs (6&7 IIRC).

Is there anyone who has this set (or the 55XS955) and is using HDMI?
What happens? Do you have to switch to the HDMI input every time
you turn it on or is the Sony smart enough to figure it out?

TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about hdmi input channel sony 60xs955

    all yu need to do is buy a dvi cable and an adapter to connect to the hdmi
    port. plug it in and the sony will display hidef when it recieves a hidef
    signal. pajoe
    "Vonchor Plunkforth" <Vonchor@yellowbrain.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Sony KDF-60XS955 and a Mot 6208 PVR-digital converter box. The
    >Sony
    > has HDMI input and the PVR has DVI and Component outputs. Currently using
    > Component. Want to try HDMI.
    >
    > OK, I need a DVI-HDMI cable. But the Sony has an 'channel fix' feature
    > that lets you set a fixed input that comes up whenever you turn the set
    > on.
    > If you were using an analog cable box for example you'd set it to channel
    > 3.
    > For Component video you can set it to Input #5. But there's no
    > way to set this to HDMI inputs (6&7 IIRC).
    >
    > Is there anyone who has this set (or the 55XS955) and is using HDMI?
    > What happens? Do you have to switch to the HDMI input every time
    > you turn it on or is the Sony smart enough to figure it out?
    >
    > TIA

    Thanks, and that's good. But I want to use just the HDMI input
    then will it switch to that one automatically or will I have to select it?
    If you have this setup I'm curious what happens. The HDMI is not
    available as a 'fixed' input source.

    On 2005-08-23 12:47:02 -0400, "Vonchor Plunkforth"
    <Vonchor@yellowbrain.com> said:

    > What happens? Do you have to switch to the HDMI input every time
    > you turn it on or is the Sony smart enough to figure it out?
    >
    > TIA

    I've got the Sony 30XS955 with HDMI hooked to Mot DCT6212 PVR on
    Comcast. TV comes up on whatever input was last used at shutdown time.
    As long as TV is turned off using HDMI as the input, it always comes
    back on using HDMI. Haven't seen a need to try to make HDMI a "default"
    cause its just me and my better half watching, and we mostly use only
    the HDMI input.

    Hope this helps.

    LR

    I have two devices, an SA 8300HD cable box and a Panasonic DVD, hooked up
    via HDMI cable to our Sony KDF-60XS955. But that's the only video cable
    running from each device to the TV set. The cable box, as I recall, has a
    menu setting for the type of cable you are using and/or for the way you want
    your audio to go out of it. I run audio via separate digital cables from
    those devices into my receiver. No problems.

    mack
    austin

    > Thanks, and that's good. But I want to use just the HDMI input
    > then will it switch to that one automatically or will I have to select it?
    > If you have this setup I'm curious what happens. The HDMI is not
    > available as a 'fixed' input source.
    >

    > "roger monyhan" <rog727@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> all yu need to do is buy a dvi cable and an adapter to connect to the
    >> hdmi port. plug it in and the sony will display hidef when it recieves a
    >> hidef signal. pajoe
    >> "Vonchor Plunkforth" <Vonchor@yellowbrain.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have a Sony KDF-60XS955 and a Mot 6208 PVR-digital converter box. The
    >>>Sony
    >>> has HDMI input and the PVR has DVI and Component outputs. Currently
    >>> using
    >>> Component. Want to try HDMI.
    >>>
    >>> OK, I need a DVI-HDMI cable. But the Sony has an 'channel fix' feature
    >>> that lets you set a fixed input that comes up whenever you turn the set
    >>> on.
    >>> If you were using an analog cable box for example you'd set it to
    >>> channel 3.
    >>> For Component video you can set it to Input #5. But there's no
    >>> way to set this to HDMI inputs (6&7 IIRC).
    >>>
    >>> Is there anyone who has this set (or the 55XS955) and is using HDMI?
    >>> What happens? Do you have to switch to the HDMI input every time
    >>> you turn it on or is the Sony smart enough to figure it out?
    >>>
    >>> TIA

HDTV Sony HDMI Components Home Theatre