Comparison of games in performance tests

Belili

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
The performance tests for GPUs always list several games but never the ones I'm interested in playing. I rarely play any high-end graphic games outside of MMORPGs like WoW or the others.

Is there any game I could look for in these charts that would be a fair comparison? I assume Crysis, for example, would not be a fair comparison.

Is there a fair comparison to games like WoW (or WAR[hammer online]) or are games simply too distinct to make that judgment?

Dalyinx

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
When I used to play Guildwars, I noticed that I actually gained more performance by going from 512mb RAM to 1.5gb of RAM than I did by going from an integrated chipset (geforce 4mx) to the Geforce 6600.

lucuis

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008

Would that be with the lowest possible settings? Including stock interface?

The thing is that the whole idea of benchmarking a GPU is to see how it handles currant gaming engines and shader/texture loads. So there really is no point in using something as old as WoW in a benchmarking test. I apreciate that it is a huge game and has a massive fanbase, however just because it is still loved and used by thousands with support for new add ons, dosent make it relative to what a benchmarking test is trying to do.
Mactronix