Horrible VGA, can I still play games?

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
I got a laptop with decent specs overall at a decent price, but with a Mobile Intel GM965 Express Chipset. Being totally unfamiliar with non-GeForce VGA, I couldn't imagine just how horrible the chipset is. None of my games (CIV 4, AC, Oblivion, SC4) work, meaning they can't even start. I didn't even bother with Bioshock and Crysis.

However, can I still play low-spec online games such as Audition or O2Jam?

Audition
Intel Pentium III 1 GHz CPU, 256MB RAM, ~1GB Hard disk space, ATI Radeon 7000 or GeForce 2 Series GPU, 56kbit/s internet connection, Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista

O2Jam
120MB hard disk space, 64MB RAM or higher, 350 MHz CPU or higher, DirectX 8.0 or higher, dial-up or broadband internet access.

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
I do have a desktop where I play all those games I mention. This laptop is actually my sister's, and the only game she plays is Audition, so I doubt she'd need a good VGA, hence I didn't think much of the laptop VGA, since most desktops nowadays can play the game just fine.

I tried Audition and the game closes as soon as it starts, so I figure the VGA is a complete crap. My old desktop with a dusty AGP GeForce MX440 64MB can play the game just fine. Is there any way, any possible way, I can run the game on laptop?