Possible to OC Video Card in Dell PC?

Darryl2120

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
I was reading over cnumartyr's Guide to Overclocking Video Cardsand was wondering if I could do what is stated in that on a Dell Dimension 2400? Dell does not allow their processors to be overclocked, so I was thinking it was the same for video cards. I have a GeForce 8500 installed in it and plan on and plan on using that in my new compuetr build. So I would like to make the overclock permanent on the video card now, so later I can just install it into the the new computer. Is this possible to do on a Dell Dimension 2400?

Can someone also give me a picture on the "artifacts" cnumartyr says to look for? The pictures in his guide were removed.

Thanks

Overclocking your GPU is done with software. Download Rivatuner. You can set the overclock to be intiated each time you boot automatically if you want.
Move the card to a new system, you will have to reinstall the software on the new system and reset it.
There are good detailed guides on how to use Rivatuner, just Google for it.
Artifacts are very easy to spot, lines, dots, white spots, fuzzy areas, anything at all that is not a clear, clean image.

Darryl2120

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
I read in a guide in another forum that you can make the overclock permanent by editing the video cards BIOS settings by using a DOS boot disc to apply the changes. Could I do this so I don't have to reset everything on the new system?