Access RAID 5 array from new windows install

FreddyMC2000

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
Hello,
My windows has become infected pretty badly (winlogon and explorer corrupted by Suspicious.Mystic and computer crashes at Windows startup) so I decided to do a fresh install. My windows is on a RAID 5 array of 3 SAMSUNG drives.
I connected a blank hard drive on which I installed Windows with the intent of saving my files before reformatting the RAID array.
But I can't see the RAID drives from the new install. What do I need to do?
I tried pressing F6 during the windows installation but it didn't work.
Thank you so much in advance for your time and help

FreddyMC2000

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
The computer crashes at the logon page even if safe mode... which is why I opted for the reformat.

I have not deleted the array yet nor formatted the drives - I badly need to back-up my data first but cannot access the drives!

Tap F8 repeatedly on startup. Try booting into safe mode with command prompt. At the command line, type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe. This will open the system restore points. Try rolling back to before the issue started. Then try running through the malware guide in my signature.

FreddyMC2000

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
Can't even get to DOS prompt - computer crashes due to winlogon
Giving up and reformatting RAID drives - was able to back-up data after installing drivers (duh)...
Thanks for the help!

arkadi

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
So at the moment the you have new OS on new hard drive, and the raid untouched.
I guess you had two partitions on one raid 5 array. One for the OS and one For Data.
Few questions....
What Raid controller are you using?
Can you see the array in Raid controller configuration before windows starts?
How about drivers? You installed your raid controller drivers and management tools.
How about device management and disk management...can you see something their?

TRENDING THREADS