Sign in with
Your question

Techies pleae analyze this: Raedon 1650 XT vs Diamond 2400 Plus

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 6, 2008 6:49:24 PM

Which card should I get? I want to do the latest programs of photoshop, 3d object rendering, picture rendering and well... games as best as they can.

I am getting each 30 dollars.

The diamond can run DX 10 but has 64 bit but 1650 has 128 but but does not run DX10. Whic one is the good value?
a c 192 U Graphics card
June 6, 2008 7:05:50 PM

Neither one is much for gaming. Diamond is on my personal "do not buy" list for incompentent tech support, non-functional web site, and other issues. What is your budget?
June 6, 2008 7:19:07 PM

I need one of them. I have a budget of 30 dollars.

Just overall which gpu is better; running gears of wars or halo 2 and vista programs!
June 6, 2008 7:26:24 PM

1650XT is the best. Forget the DX10 compatibility, 2400 cannot take advantage of it anyway.
a c 130 U Graphics card
June 6, 2008 9:53:11 PM

If its a straight pick between the two then the X1650XT is the better of the two easily.
Mactronix
June 6, 2008 9:59:15 PM

Another vote for that x1650xt!
June 8, 2008 7:14:48 PM

Hey thanks buddies.

I got my card 1650xt...

My question to you is my video card looks nothing like the cards I google up in images with my model! My card has a blue fan and no fan shroom unlike the other 1650xt SE!
a c 130 U Graphics card
June 8, 2008 7:54:11 PM

xVOLITIONx said:
Hey thanks buddies.

I got my card 1650xt...

My question to you is my video card looks nothing like the cards I google up in images with my model! My card has a blue fan and no fan shroom unlike the other 1650xt SE!

Ok so what make do you have and what were you googling/expecting ?
Sometimes they do state on a site that the card you receive wont look like the one you are seeing. A reputable site will state a known brand product but there will be different makes that look different but still met the specs/requirements of the card you ordered. From your description im guessing you may have received a Zalman fan edition of the card. This is a good thing, although a "shroom" (Im guessing its the same as i call a shroud) vents the air out the back of the case, Zalman fans are very good.
Mactronix
June 8, 2008 8:05:02 PM

Oh hey,

I was googling Radeon 1650xt SE and none of the images matched mine. Is there any programs I can run that can tell what my video card is with pinpoint accuracy and how much memory it possesses!

June 8, 2008 8:40:52 PM

Well... I am quite sad. This teaches me not to buy a video card from a seller off craigslist when it does not come with its proper box nor packaging.

I used the program HWinfo and this came up with the diagnostics:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d89/VolitionUltra/Vid...

Now the final verdicts can be of either of these two cards:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overvi... (1650 pro)

or

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overvi... (1650 core)

Can you use your better judgment and tell me what my video card is most likely to be? Also as you seen in my video card diagnostics it is yes the 64 bit, and since the PRO version does not have it mentioned then that is probably 64 bit right? Why is Pro < Core? That sounds so deceiving. Also Sapphire is a bad brand name too right? Is my video card over clocked by any chances because my diagnositics does suprass the specs of those sites correct?

The seller told me it was an 1650xt.... Was it fair of him to mention it was pro or not? I know his address and If I really did get scammed I will beat him up.
a c 130 U Graphics card
June 8, 2008 8:59:20 PM

Hi it really would help if you could download the GPU-Z program in the link i gave you. It will take about 30 seconds to run.
The program you have used is not familiar to me but it seems to be contradicting itself. Even if it is a 1600 and not a 1650 the core number it is reporting is wrong. Its reporting a x1300 core and if it says the same in the GPU-Z report then you should go get your money back.
Mactronix
June 8, 2008 9:15:53 PM

1650xt is better for gaming but HD videos are better with 2400.
June 8, 2008 9:52:34 PM

No problem, thankyou, but how does the programs show it is a 1650 card when really infact its something lower like 1550? Did this person hack the card or something and is it possible? Should I attempt to refund the card.
June 8, 2008 10:16:34 PM

wow that is quite off..
a c 130 U Graphics card
June 8, 2008 10:28:58 PM

Well im not sure but it seems to me that the only logical reason for the two reports to read like they did, (by the way the first one was ok it looked like 515 not 516 which is what threw me to start.) Is that the card has been bios flashed to try and increase the performance. This would change the naming but the actual chip is still the same and reads as such.
Im only guessing here but that seems the only logical reason why it would be like that. by the way the Bios is from a X1650 so that kind of supports my theory. i could be wrong as i said im only guessing at this point.

Sorry yes definatly speak to the person you got it from they may have just looked at the naming and not have known themselves. Best to give the benefit of the doubt. This is a link to a page that lists all the core variants. if you scroll down you will see there were only two 516 cores and both were x1550 cards. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_ATI_graphics...
Mactronix
a c 130 U Graphics card
June 8, 2008 10:37:38 PM

terror112 said:
wow that is quite off..

Well yes it is bad but i would go back and tell the guy its reading wrong in the bios and the hardware isnt up to the spec of the card it claims to be. That way the option of looking surprised and grudgingly giving the money back seems more likley than if xVOLITIONx was to go around there shouting and screaming that he (i guess) had been ripped off.
Mactronix
June 8, 2008 10:43:01 PM

I know his full name, house address, and so on. He won't try anything funny thats for sure.

Mactronix... how are we sure that this isnt the 1300 card. The techpower says my nm is 90... which is the x1300 card too as youve shown in the link!
a c 130 U Graphics card
June 8, 2008 10:56:59 PM

Mainly because its a 516 core and the onlyone that is 64 bit. Also the bandwidth matches more or less given the increase in the clocks on your card over the standard card. The size of the core is relevant to the bios i doubt the programs actually measure it real time.
Mactronix :) 
Ps: There isnt much differance in them the 1550 core is basically a rehashed x1300 anyway but yours is a 1550.
June 8, 2008 11:43:46 PM

I wouldn't trust techpowerup GPU-z. It's a whack program for sure. It doesn't really identify the cards until the coder sticks in the info.
June 9, 2008 2:05:46 AM

marvelous211 said:
I wouldn't trust techpowerup GPU-z. It's a whack program for sure. It doesn't really identify the cards until the coder sticks in the info.

So is there any program that is precisely accurate?
June 9, 2008 2:39:41 AM

Ok guys,

I took out my video card to see what it actually it written on tot the sticker stuck to the card.

Here it is:

X1650 SE 512 HM DDR2 PCI-E VGA/ TVO/ DVI- I W/ 256 M VRAM

Now thearitcly what card is this and can someone give me the info sheet on this because Google fails to have any.
June 9, 2008 2:54:09 AM

So it is a 1650 SE? And he said that it was an XT. I smell rip off. Although you should confront him "humanely". That is if everyone and yourself agrees with my assesment.
June 9, 2008 3:03:51 PM

Model ATI Radeon X1650SE
Chipset RV516
Interface PCI-Express
GPU Frequency 635 MHz
Video Memory
Dedicated 256 MB
Type DDR2
Frequency 350 MHz
Bus Width 64 bits
Total Memory 512 MB (Hyper Memory)
Connectors
VGA 1x
DVI 1x
S-Video 1x 7-pin
RCA -
Extra Features
Crossfire Support Yes
Video-In no

Those are the specs of 1650SE... heh. THanks for hlep guys!
June 9, 2008 7:37:55 PM

x1650xt =< 7600GT
x1650se = 7300GT?
June 9, 2008 7:44:51 PM

1650xt is actually a faster card than 7600gt.
June 9, 2008 10:27:52 PM

what a **** card.

So 1650se is worse than xt. What are my options. I am 16 and he looked in his mid 30's. He's not responding to my emails so what should I do? Can I disable hyper memory? I only 1.5 gigs!
June 10, 2008 12:14:25 AM

That sucks, we young kids get taken advantage of to much in the technology world. (im 15). Whenever im at frys or somthing the people there act like im stupid when the majority of the time i know more than they do. If hes not awnsering his emails and he lives close to you i would leave him a letter at his door or somthing.
June 10, 2008 12:43:02 AM

marvelous211 said:
1650xt is actually a faster card than 7600gt.

Yea I thought so, although the 7600GT was a much better deal at the time.
June 10, 2008 12:43:50 AM

I'm sure he got the emails. he's just not answering. :*(

When you deal with craigslist you better check it's what you are paid to get or you get shafted because people at craigs are not really ready for refunds or take responsibility for what they sell. It could be that they are uneducated themselves.

I bought a monitor once from craigs and the colors were fuzzy and than it started having problems within a month and I contacted the guy who sold it to me and he didn't want nothing of it. Thank god it was under warranty.
June 10, 2008 12:45:39 AM

SuicideSilence said:
That sucks, we young kids get taken advantage of to much in the technology world. (im 15). Whenever im at frys or somthing the people there act like im stupid when the majority of the time i know more than they do. If hes not awnsering his emails and he lives close to you i would leave him a letter at his door or somthing.

Get your parents to have a word with him :non:  If somebody ripped me off like that, claiming to be a card 10 times better than it actually is, I would bomb his house. (no I am not a terrorist...maby :lol:  )
June 10, 2008 12:49:30 AM

SuicideSilence said:

Yea I feel for you man. I have the same problems with the same people, although I do look like I am about 18 or 20. I like to teach the ol' sales assistant a lesson in computing. O Gees!! I think there is a TORNADO OUTSIDE!!
June 10, 2008 2:42:27 AM

Haha thanks for the support terror112.
Im so tired of it too. This past weekend i was at Best Buy, and they had a 8600gts for $199!! I was like no way! What a rip off. I was pointing it out to my dad who was with me, and some sales guy comes up to us and was like "its on sale, its one of the best video cards out for gaming right now, if i were you id grab it while you can".

I was like,, WOW
rofl
June 10, 2008 2:49:32 AM

I get good deals at futureshop here. $199 for an 8800GT evga or bfg, so that saves on shipping costs vs ordering online. And as the tornado.. Overreaction, lol. I look outside and the wind is going 120 km gusts!! Plus the fact that it was 38C today with 100% humidity...
June 10, 2008 3:09:42 AM

Jeeze where do you live!

199 for a 8800gt is a good deal. Here where i live, after having some horrible experiences at frys, its all newegg/pcworld for me.

June 11, 2008 1:55:05 PM

By going to ATI device ID website http://ati.amd.com/developer/vendorid.html and bu getting the device ID in the control panel/system/hardware/device manager/video card/properties -> go to the details tab and in teh first string get the number after DEV_, and compare it on the ATI site.

There is 1600series with RV515 and RV516, also there is 1550 series with RV515 and RV516. The device ID will tell you exactly from which series the card comes.
!