I don't know what I want for gaming?

LAPIII

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
What would be the difference between an SLI video card and an ordinary video card. It's just that I don't think that any of my games could take advantage of SLI technology even though I'll keep all video settings at maximum and play on a 42 inch HDTV.

Quote from the SLI / Crossfire FAQ:

"Is it really necessary to use SLI or CrossFire ?
Well , it really depends mostly on the resolutions and games you play , resolutions like 1920x1200 and higher benefit more from SLI or CrossFire than resolutions like 1600x1200 or lower (I dont mean SLI or CrossFire wont be good for resolutions like 1600x1200 or lower , i am just saying that SLI or CrossFire shines in higher resolutions.)"

So what do I want in a graphics card?

G

Great topic title... its like a question in a statement for help lol...

anyway... whats the resolution of your tv... if its 720p your going to want to get one graphics card... if its 1080 p your going to wanna get either a really high end... or 2 8800 gt's... or 9600 gt's... it really matters on your budget

LAPIII

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007

I haven't yet hooked up my PC to an HDTV, what is the best thing to get?
I used to have an All-in-Wonder and it was pretty cool, mostly because of all the things I could do with the software! Now, they have things like ATI Theater, which I'm not sure what it is though it sounds good. Reviews of the latest All-in-Wonder say that it does well, but the drivers need work. I here that Hauppauppauge cards are the best, I don't know if much software comes with it.