Stargate SG-1

Okay Frank, the show opens with the team sending a
robot through the gate. But the gate looks odd. I see
green earth-like park scene, with a stack of BIG bright
red balls? (wtf?)

Oops- the robot croaked. The team watching the video
feed from the robot sees something I don't I guess, as they
are saying, "How can that be?!?!?!".

AHA!! I caught the title of this episode: "Revisions".

More about stargate
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith wrote:
    > Okay Frank, the show opens with the team sending a
    > robot through the gate. But the gate looks odd. I see
    > green earth-like park scene, with a stack of BIG bright
    > red balls? (wtf?)
    >
    > Oops- the robot croaked. The team watching the video
    > feed from the robot sees something I don't I guess, as they
    > are saying, "How can that be?!?!?!".
    >
    > AHA!! I caught the title of this episode: "Revisions".

    That was a goodie. It's just a single episode, which in Buffy terms
    would be a Monter Of The Week episode. But it had some nice themes, and
    was pretty creepy.

    Big bright red balls? It's modern art. What, you'd rather have a turd
    nailed to a plank of balsawood? Which, I guess, covers my opinion of
    modern art. ;)

    I have to say, I couldn't actually guess which episode this was. We
    didn't actually see the gate, we saw a dome, and that's what the MALP
    (robot) poked its arm through. Yes, it looked odd.

    --
    Frank
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:16:32 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:

    > Big bright red balls? It's modern art. What, you'd rather have a turd
    > nailed to a plank of balsawood? Which, I guess, covers my opinion of
    > modern art. ;)

    Given that a couple of 'modern art' displays thrown in the rubbish bin by
    cleaners...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/3604278.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/1608322.stm

    Modern 'art' *is* rubbish.

    --
    "You're not afraid of the dark are you?"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:58:52 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:16:32 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:
    >
    >> Big bright red balls? It's modern art. What, you'd rather have a turd
    >> nailed to a plank of balsawood? Which, I guess, covers my opinion of
    >> modern art. ;)
    >
    >Given that a couple of 'modern art' displays thrown in the rubbish bin by
    >cleaners...
    >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/3604278.stm
    >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/1608322.stm
    >
    >Modern 'art' *is* rubbish.

    Serves 'em right. A baboon's inflamed ass is more artistic that the
    rubbish shown in those articles images.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:16:32 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:
    >
    >> Big bright red balls? It's modern art. What, you'd rather have a turd
    >> nailed to a plank of balsawood? Which, I guess, covers my opinion of
    >> modern art. ;)
    >
    > Given that a couple of 'modern art' displays thrown in the rubbish
    > bin by cleaners...
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/3604278.stm
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/1608322.stm
    >
    > Modern 'art' *is* rubbish.

    ROFL Oh, that's priceless!! LOL

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > Y'all are making Stargate sound interesting. Stop it. Between this
    > newsgroup, study, hunting for a better job, studying, 2 kids, a wife,
    > Eve online and study... I haven't the time.

    Boy, does that sound familiar! LOL

    Psssssssst, Smeggy- it IS interesting. :D

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 1 Aug 2005 10:22:04 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

    > Boy, does that sound familiar! LOL
    >
    > Psssssssst, Smeggy- it IS interesting. :D

    The episode that sold me on SG1 was the "Groundhog Day"-a-like episode,
    "Window of Opportunity".

    --
    "You're not afraid of the dark are you?"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 18:08:43 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >On 1 Aug 2005 10:22:04 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Boy, does that sound familiar! LOL
    >>
    >> Psssssssst, Smeggy- it IS interesting. :D
    >
    >The episode that sold me on SG1 was the "Groundhog Day"-a-like episode,
    >"Window of Opportunity".

    Which was already rehashed in a Star Trek: Next Generation episode
    where Dr. Crusher is the one noticing events repeating over and over
    again.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:43:12 -0500, Smeghead wrote:

    > Which was already rehashed in a Star Trek: Next Generation episode
    > where Dr. Crusher is the one noticing events repeating over and over
    > again.

    I seem to remember that one being rather unfunny though. Not even
    "Frasier" (or whatever the actors name is) could rescue any traces of
    humour.

    --
    "You're not afraid of the dark are you?"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 21:57:17 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:43:12 -0500, Smeghead wrote:
    >
    >> Which was already rehashed in a Star Trek: Next Generation episode
    >> where Dr. Crusher is the one noticing events repeating over and over
    >> again.
    >
    >I seem to remember that one being rather unfunny though. Not even
    >"Frasier" (or whatever the actors name is) could rescue any traces of
    >humour.

    Yeah, that was definitely not played for laughs.

    Although there were a few Data and Worf episodes that had some humor.
    Evidently humorless people are funny. :)

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On 1 Aug 2005 10:22:04 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
    >

    >> Boy, does that sound familiar! LOL
    >>
    >> Psssssssst, Smeggy- it IS interesting. :D
    >

    > The episode that sold me on SG1 was the "Groundhog Day"-a-like episode,
    > "Window of Opportunity".

    Made fantastic by Jack O'Neill. I have to see that episode again, now.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 22:14:07 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:

    > Made fantastic by Jack O'Neill. I have to see that episode again, now.

    The sight of him juggling, then the other guy juggling as well... my sort
    of humour. :)

    --
    "You're not afraid of the dark are you?"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:18:01 -0500, Smeghead wrote:

    > Yeah, that was definitely not played for laughs.

    That's a shock.

    > Although there were a few Data and Worf episodes that had some humor.
    > Evidently humorless people are funny. :)

    Hmm... Data instructing Worf on how to care for his cat... then for Worf
    to be heard sneezing as he walks out of shot, whilst holding the cat at
    arms length.

    Aye, TNG wasn't without its humour.

    --
    "I must protest! I am NOT a merry man!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

    On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:38:11 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:18:01 -0500, Smeghead wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah, that was definitely not played for laughs.
    >
    >That's a shock.

    Innit?

    >> Although there were a few Data and Worf episodes that had some humor.
    >> Evidently humorless people are funny. :)
    >
    >Hmm... Data instructing Worf on how to care for his cat... then for Worf
    >to be heard sneezing as he walks out of shot, whilst holding the cat at
    >arms length.
    >
    >Aye, TNG wasn't without its humour.

    Worf and the Prune Juice. Data's inappropriate attempts at human
    idiosyncrasies. Dianna Troy's attempts at being useful... All funny as
    hell. :)

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 22:14:07 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:
    >

    >>Made fantastic by Jack O'Neill. I have to see that episode again, now.

    Done.

    > The sight of him juggling, then the other guy juggling as well... my sort
    > of humour. :)

    It should be anyone's sense of humor.

    Also:
    Teal'c: You are not the only one who must endure some discomfort, O'Neill.
    [Scene changes, door slams into Teal'c's face]

    --
    Frank
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 18:08:43 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>The episode that sold me on SG1 was the "Groundhog Day"-a-like episode,
    >>"Window of Opportunity".
    >
    > Which was already rehashed in a Star Trek: Next Generation episode
    > where Dr. Crusher is the one noticing events repeating over and over
    > again.

    This one was better. Much better.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 17:13:50 -0500, Smeghead wrote:

    > Worf and the Prune Juice.

    Always good for a laugh.

    ... apparently.

    > Data's inappropriate attempts at human idiosyncrasies.

    If it weren't for B.Spiners timing, that would be tedious.

    > Dianna Troy's attempts at being useful... All funny as hell. :)

    Heh.

    --
    "Eaten any good books lately?"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

    On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 23:38:38 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 17:13:50 -0500, Smeghead wrote:
    >
    >> Worf and the Prune Juice.
    >
    >Always good for a laugh.
    >
    >.. apparently.
    >
    >> Data's inappropriate attempts at human idiosyncrasies.
    >
    >If it weren't for B.Spiners timing, that would be tedious.

    His comedic timing was spot-on. That's for sure.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 17:05:26 -0500, Smeghead wrote:

    > Hey, as long as there wasn't any trek-like technobabble, it had to be
    > better.
    >
    > I turned off an episode of Voyager because of the "It appears to be
    > some sort of __________. (fill in the blank)" dialog and never went
    > back. That was the last episode of Voyager I ever watched.

    Ah... Voyager... scaling new heights of idiocy.

    I had to laugh at the episode where the crew are all comatosed, yet one
    guy manages to save them... while brain-dead.

    .... kinda sums up the series, methinks.

    As for the last one... stick to "Quantum Leap", Sam, that was watchable.

    --
    "You're not afraid of the dark are you?"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 23:46:48 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 17:05:26 -0500, Smeghead wrote:
    >
    >> Hey, as long as there wasn't any trek-like technobabble, it had to be
    >> better.
    >>
    >> I turned off an episode of Voyager because of the "It appears to be
    >> some sort of __________. (fill in the blank)" dialog and never went
    >> back. That was the last episode of Voyager I ever watched.
    >
    >Ah... Voyager... scaling new heights of idiocy.

    Why? Because it's there!

    >I had to laugh at the episode where the crew are all comatosed, yet one
    >guy manages to save them... while brain-dead.
    >
    >... kinda sums up the series, methinks.

    Touche! A very palpable hit.

    >As for the last one... stick to "Quantum Leap", Sam, that was watchable.

    "Oh boy!"

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    >>Hmm... Data instructing Worf on how to care for his cat... then for Worf
    >>to be heard sneezing as he walks out of shot, whilst holding the cat at
    >>arms length.
    >>
    >>Aye, TNG wasn't without its humour.
    >
    > Worf and the Prune Juice. Data's inappropriate attempts at human
    > idiosyncrasies. Dianna Troy's attempts at being useful... All funny as
    > hell. :)

    Worf playing baseball ("DEATH TO THE OPPOSITION!")
    --
    Frank
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 00:41:46 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:

    > Worf playing baseball ("DEATH TO THE OPPOSITION!")

    LOL. I'd forgotten that one.

    --
    "You're not afraid of the dark are you?"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On 1 Aug 2005 10:22:04 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Boy, does that sound familiar! LOL
    >>
    >> Psssssssst, Smeggy- it IS interesting. :D
    >
    > The episode that sold me on SG1 was the "Groundhog Day"-a-like
    > episode, "Window of Opportunity".

    /me scribbles note to look out for it.........

Games Video Games