CPU Fan sensor looks not right

Last response: in CPUs
June 28, 2008 12:59:10 AM

first list my specs:
Q6600 overclocking at 3.01Ghz with stock Fan
Asus P5k-Pro motherboard
Evga 9800GTX graphic card
2*2G G-skill memory

I check the cpu temperature in Bios..it's shows -10c(I think it's must be bugged)

I chech the cpu core temp in Vista with HWMonitor software it shows:
core0 62
core1 60
core3 56
core4 58
at idle..
Cpu Fan speed runs at 1150RPM....that sucks....I wonder who could please kind tell me what the hell going on ? CPU fan speed should not runs at such low speed right? My cpu core temp are high at unnormal...

Thx if any help

More about : cpu fan sensor

June 28, 2008 1:02:37 AM

You have a quad overclocked with a stock cooler, thats asking for trouble right away, Get yourself an Akasa 965 or Freezer pro cooler to lower the temps.
June 28, 2008 1:19:38 AM

Why the temp shows in Bios bugged ?is that means I didn't seat CPu fan right or something else ?
Related resources
June 28, 2008 2:38:31 AM

set your stick fan to 100% and load it with prime 25.6 and see what temp you get after 5 mins. if at any point higher then 70C stop it. the stock Q6600 is the best intel HSF out of all the ones that come in the box. the top rpm of the intel hsf is higher then 1150. disable control in Hardware monitor page in the BIOS.
June 28, 2008 3:46:02 AM

how to set Stick Fan ?
June 28, 2008 7:35:14 AM

In the bios, there should be a way to turn off Q-Fan control, let the fan run at full speed and see if temps lower, but I would change cpu coolers if you plan to overclock.
June 28, 2008 2:41:58 PM

shadowthor said:
In the bios, there should be a way to turn off Q-Fan control, let the fan run at full speed and see if temps lower, but I would change cpu coolers if you plan to overclock.

yes.I can find a opition to turn of Q-fan(Anybody can tell me what is Q-fan?)
but I can not find a way to set fan under full speed running
June 28, 2008 6:16:02 PM

lanrose said:
Why the temp shows in Bios bugged ?is that means I didn't seat CPu fan right or something else ?
That is core temp . What you see in BIOS is CPU temp (not the same as core temp) plus BIOS temps are not accurate.

What I would do imo, is buy a new HSF then wipe off the old thermal paste off the CPU with a paper towel and rubbing alcohol then installed the new HSF or you can try to wipe off the old thermal paste then reapply it and see if that fixes the problem if not get a new HSF.
June 28, 2008 6:55:00 PM

When Q-Fan is off, it automatically runs at full speed.
!