Sign in with
Your question

GA X48 DQ6/ GPU problem

Last response: in Motherboards
July 21, 2008 7:20:35 AM

Ive just upgraded to a DQ6, 4 gigs DDR3 and a Q9450, however im still using my old (ish) 8800GTS which worked fine before.

every morning when i go to turn the pc on i get the beep code for graphics error, i switch the screen cable to the other port and it then works. but its getting worse, today i had to pull the graphics card out and put it back in before it would work. once it did, windows booted then BSOD.

i would assume graphics card error, but it worked fine before, and, the first time i booted my new pc energy saver worked, second time onwards i get an error saying i need to re enable some bios functions - however i never changed them in the first place. Does this sound like a bung new motherboard or has the graphics card died on me?
any help would be appreciated, thanks.

More about : x48 dq6 gpu problem

a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
July 21, 2008 8:34:24 AM

For the issues with windows, I would first like to know if you reinstalled the OS when you upgraded your system.

It sounds like it is not staying seated properly in your Mb. Dose your case use one of the screwless retentions systems? If so, try removing it and directly screwing the card to your case. Also, are you using it in the upper PCIe slot?

What is the PSU you are using with your system? Please post the model, +12V amperage and wattage
July 21, 2008 4:42:43 PM

outlw6669 said:
For the issues with windows, I would first like to know if you reinstalled the OS when you upgraded your system.

+1
I second this. Sounds like a driver thing before everything.
July 22, 2008 10:22:25 PM

i did reinstall windows when i upgraded. the PSU is 600w thermaltake toughpower, however i dont think it matters now - the graphics card was screwed in however the case seems a little warped at the back, it was lifting the card very, very minimally but i guess it was enough - moved it to the second pci slot and everything seems to work fine now. thanks for the suggestions, wouldnt have figured that otherwise.
!