A clock interrupt was not received

darkchari

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Hello there guys,
I hope you can help me out here.
Since about one month I'm stuck with this problem now and it seems to be a hardware malfunction but I'm not able to figure out what is broken. cpu, gpu, ram, harddrives.. everything passes stress tests without any problem but still... if I start my computer and open any 3d game - be it league of legends or world of warcraft: as soon as the game starts my PC freezes with some serious pixelated *** on the screen and sometimes even give me a pixelated bluscreen that tells me "a clock interrupt was not received...".

I was able to save a .dmp minidump file. Perhaps somebody can tell me from that whats the cause?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion...

minidump: http://www.file-upload.net/download-6801811/Mini111112-01.dmp.html

Replace the graphics card, if you are on a pc.

darkchari

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Yes I work on a pc.

I also think its the graphics card - but then again.. after I receive this bluescreen error and restart my pc, I can always play well for hours without receiving any kind of error.
It appears that when my pc is shut down for a few hours, it always gives me this error the first time I boot up a game; then I restart the pc, and then I can do whatever I want but never again I'm getting any Blutscreen or lag as if everything would be okay...

That's why I wanted someone to read the minidump file...

Guess you'll have to wait for another person to "Jump in" then.

I tried looking at your Minidump, but get a security warning Re the site, so no can do ! Site may be fine, but not taking a chance....Sorry !

suemccartin

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
If you're getting a pixelated screen that is "usually" something to do with graphics card or the driver. I have been scanning the forums on this one and there doesn't seem to be any single answer for everybody. I came across a post that said "power management" was the solution in his case. I am battling this one on a new rig I just built on a gigabyte 990FX-ud5. It will run games or test beds for hours but go into a browser...it craps out. Being ready to try anything I went into bios this morning and shut off "cool and quiet" and uninstalled the "green" utility that the gigabyte utility installed. I left it streaming a radio station, was running far longer than previously when I left for work this morning and I hope when I get home it's still running. Unfortunately I can't call the dog and ask him if the radio is still running. Power management would sort of make sense if it's throttling the cpu back and for whatever reason windows isn't recognizing that etc. etc. Games and test beds are multithreaded and if the power management is working like it should it would not throttle the cpu on those things because it is sensing the load. Browsers on the other hand don't stress like a game does and so that would be when the power management would throttle back the cpu.