Can't decide on which heatsink/cooler to purchase..

ntrisKKT

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
I'm having a difficult time deciding on a heatsink/cpu cooler. The 3 that are on top of my mind though are the Thermalright Ultra 120-eXtreme, the CoolerMaster V8 as well as the Zalman CNPS-9900. I know it's a bit unwise, but I'm leaning towards the CNPS-9900 due to it's noise level as well as it's aesthetics.

Can you really blame me?:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/zalman-cnps-9900-led-review/4

I need to get my head straight decide on a adequate cooler.

ntrisKKT

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
I apologize if I used aesthetics in the wrong form of text. What I meant was looks.

I've been hearing a lot about the Xigmatek S1823 aka Dark Knight as well. In my opinion, I would purchase it only if I am ever on a short-budget for a heat-sink, as it is the best "bang for your buck" cooler.

Ancient_1

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
I would get the TRUE Black if I had to buy one right now. Over the last 10+ years I have only bought two brands of heatsinks Alpha and Thermalright and was never disappointed with their quality or performance. Of the three you mention I am sure the TRUE has the best performance with equal fan power/noise.

Well now I get it u want to show ur as well if am correct... :kaola: (Well who doesnt want to)...
Yes the Zalman looks very attractive...but do check out its performance as well...

Hey y not get a Xigmatic and add a gud LED fan... sure will look gud...

I have an older Zalman (9500) ... sitting on my knick-knack shelf, bought on eBay for about $20 including shipping. Yeah, they are neat looking. Houseguests cannot keep their hands off of it. And some wooden puzzles. I'm a sucker for wooden puzzles.

But I have a hand lapped TRUE (from before the Xigs were sold) on my main computer.

ntrisKKT

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008

I made the edit to correct a few grammar issues. As for me using "as well", it's a habit that I can't seem to break :wahoo:

OMG ...dude i had missed "RIG" in between the sentence..., :eek: which made u to think I was joking abt ur way of writing ...my bad :pfff:
I was abt to say "Everyone like to show of their rig as well " :sol:
So no offence dude... :hello:
And do get the Zalman its jus awesome...But dont forget to take off tat plastic cover...looks far better tat way...

ntrisKKT

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
I'm alright about purchasing the Zalman, but I just don't expect it to stay efficient in the long run. By the way, how much does a Thermalright 120 exTreme go for nowadays?

TRENDING THREADS