Sign in with
Your question

ECS 780GM-A Black Series dies each time...

Last response: in Motherboards
July 22, 2008 4:19:53 AM

Hi,

Can someone please help me..My comp powers off each time I try to play a game with the HD3650 vc..I tried installing two chassis fans, but once I do that my comp will just power up and then turns off..Does this mean I need a better power supply? I currently just have a generic 500w psu..Here are my specs..

AMD 5000+BE (Cooler Master hyper 212 hsf)
2GB 667 Kingston RAM
HD3650 512 ddr2

July 22, 2008 4:40:06 AM

take out the card and try it with the onboard video, if it stays on, i'd say you need a better ps.
Related resources
July 22, 2008 6:38:24 AM

If that is an older PSU - I am not an expert on psu's but I know that specs have changed a lot. A newer generic might work better than an older one. The power outputs are somehow different - sorry I need to read up on psu's.

But I think RoyalCrown has a good approach to the problem. It's good to isolate the problem, if possible - or at least get more indicators.

Also if you are oclocked on the 5000BE - that might be exceeding power handling ability of the mosfets. If so go back to stock settings and see if that works.

Some safety is shutting you down - it's power or heat. Or perhaps video drivers. Check for latest drivers. Check mobo manual for procedure re use of vidcard - if any settings in bios etc.

Does the O/S run stable? Is it just the game that crashes it? Are you on Vista? XP?
July 22, 2008 7:32:02 AM

Please list down the specs of your power supply
July 23, 2008 2:22:41 AM

I'm on Vista Ultimate and it runs stable. I went back to the stock settings for the cpu and it still does it. I currently have the latest drivers for the ATI HD 3650. I'll try to get a new 750W PSU by Tornado and will find out if I'll be able to play the games with it.

I don't want to mess with the BIOS again, cuz I had a problem with this VC on this mobo and my prior mobo (Gigabyte 78GM-A). I finally got Vista to boot and get to the desktop after I unplug all the hardware and assembled it back. I read the manual on the BIOS and ECS's Manual is not very informative on what it should be, but at least I now know that it can get to the desktop without any issues..Just the games now..

I took the card out and it loads the games without dying and I'm able to play with the onboard..I also turned it off, plug the chassis fans that I have and it still runs okay...
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 3, 2009 8:07:49 PM

take the computer outside. using two hands, toss it as high as you can and stand back. watch it smash into a thousand pieces and then go buy a MAC.

problem solved. :bounce: 
September 4, 2009 4:03:41 PM

Quote:
take the computer outside. using two hands, toss it as high as you can and stand back. watch it smash into a thousand pieces and then go buy a MAC.

problem solved. :bounce: 

Why are you even here?
!