ECS 780GM-A Black Series dies each time...

Hi,

Can someone please help me..My comp powers off each time I try to play a game with the HD3650 vc..I tried installing two chassis fans, but once I do that my comp will just power up and then turns off..Does this mean I need a better power supply? I currently just have a generic 500w psu..Here are my specs..

AMD 5000+BE (Cooler Master hyper 212 hsf)
2GB 667 Kingston RAM
HD3650 512 ddr2
7 answers Last reply
More about 780gm black series dies time
  1. no idea
  2. take out the card and try it with the onboard video, if it stays on, i'd say you need a better ps.
  3. If that is an older PSU - I am not an expert on psu's but I know that specs have changed a lot. A newer generic might work better than an older one. The power outputs are somehow different - sorry I need to read up on psu's.

But I think RoyalCrown has a good approach to the problem. It's good to isolate the problem, if possible - or at least get more indicators.

Also if you are oclocked on the 5000BE - that might be exceeding power handling ability of the mosfets. If so go back to stock settings and see if that works.

Some safety is shutting you down - it's power or heat. Or perhaps video drivers. Check for latest drivers. Check mobo manual for procedure re use of vidcard - if any settings in bios etc.

Does the O/S run stable? Is it just the game that crashes it? Are you on Vista? XP?
  4. Please list down the specs of your power supply
  5. I'm on Vista Ultimate and it runs stable. I went back to the stock settings for the cpu and it still does it. I currently have the latest drivers for the ATI HD 3650. I'll try to get a new 750W PSU by Tornado and will find out if I'll be able to play the games with it.

I don't want to mess with the BIOS again, cuz I had a problem with this VC on this mobo and my prior mobo (Gigabyte 78GM-A). I finally got Vista to boot and get to the desktop after I unplug all the hardware and assembled it back. I read the manual on the BIOS and ECS's Manual is not very informative on what it should be, but at least I now know that it can get to the desktop without any issues..Just the games now..

I took the card out and it loads the games without dying and I'm able to play with the onboard..I also turned it off, plug the chassis fans that I have and it still runs okay...
  6. take the computer outside. using two hands, toss it as high as you can and stand back. watch it smash into a thousand pieces and then go buy a MAC.

problem solved. :bounce:
  7. Quote:
    take the computer outside. using two hands, toss it as high as you can and stand back. watch it smash into a thousand pieces and then go buy a MAC.

problem solved. :bounce:

Why are you even here?
Ask a new question

Read More

Elitegroup Motherboards