trouble with Vista 64 bit driver

victordilorenzo

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
ok, I can set it to the native res of my TV just fine. But I am playing a game and I want to lower the resolution. In order to do this I need to enable "nvidia scaling" or the non native resolution shows up on only a little box in the middle of the screen, and only half the desktop displays. I know I need to set scaling to "nvidia scaling". But when I do, the little dialogue box pops up and asks it I would like to keep the settings and when I click yes it just reverts back to "use my displays built in scaling".

Why the hell is this happening, its very frustrating. Is there anyway I can force the card to "use Nvidia scaling"

NOTE: If I just change the games resolution it displays in the same useless way.

YES, I have the latest driver. Just reinstalled it, no change...

lucuis

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
What kind of tv do you have, LCD, Rear Projection, Tube? Regardless most TVs use very few resolutions. 480 720 1080 You will only be able to play on one of those three.

If you go to you display settings you might be able to move the slider to adjust the resolution of your desktop. If not then that's the only resolution your gonna get...safely.

victordilorenzo

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
I have a 1080p LCD TV, When I used XP I was able to force it using the scaling I mentioned.

Do you think my TV is what's stopping the settings from actually being saved? I guess that could be.

Oh well. Not that big of a deal.

Thanks